Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have two heater leavers, one on each side of the handbrake. Can someone tell me which one does what? I seem to have hot air coming out of the floor, but they do not seem to turn off?

Cheers,

Matt.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
they operate your levers on the left/right of your heat exchangers,which are obviously not connected.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, I have not checked the floor on the passenger side ... at least its stuck on heat at the moment what with frost this week! Cheers for the replies

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well hot air and some exhaust fumes, so need to keep the window open, or I start to get a little sleepy!!!

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
SOREHEED said:
get that sorted yesterday ;)
How??? I get it the other way - if my windows are open then exhaust fumes get waaaaaaay worse. When they are closed then its fine! Heaters arent hooked up so might have something to do with it?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
mat_at_home said:
Hi,

I have two heater leavers, one on each side of the handbrake. Can someone tell me which one does what? I seem to have hot air coming out of the floor, but they do not seem to turn off?

Cheers,

Matt.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
there not heater leavers there ejector seat leavers passanger n drivers ,
if yove tried n nothing works there prob disconected ,
YOUR VERY LUCKY THERE DISCONECTED :crazy:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, got so much to do on it and so little time, got 4 wings, 2 doors, 2 bumpers, bonnet, wiper motor, running boards, Pertronix Distributor with elec ignition, 8mm leads, and Pertronix coil, and loads of other stuff on order .... also getting 4 new tyres tomorrow .... getting a bit skint now, and its to dark to do much work in the evenings.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
so what should they do? i pull the levers and nothing much happens. paul picked the bug up in january and said they worked then.

what lever does what?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahha, thats good, I will see if the rear ones work / control .... cheers,

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I had the same problem - couldn't turn the heat off. I was getting gassed with exhaust fumes too. Flap had rusted away, so it was a new heat exchanger and problem solved. :)

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
alfietinker said:
I just found the original manual for my car and it says the left controls the rear footwell heating and the right controls the front. :)
ooooooooooh. right. so leave the left alone and just use the right. i hope.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Iain_M said:
If you want to freeze your passengers, yep.
lol. the back seat isn't for passengers, its for luggage. and shoes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts