Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a legal minimum height they need to be? My Bug's got semaphores and I want to add some indicators so she's safe in modern traffic - but I want to be able to 'hide' them when I park her up... so I was either thinking of a bracket on the inner wing to the front (i.e where the horn is) and being able to bend them out so they're visable, or perhaps behind the horn grills? Same sorta thing at the back.

Would this be legal?

Cheers :)

*Lucy

·
Registered
10,096 Posts
To be honest people won't notice your indicators if they're not on a modern car anyway - people never ever see mine except in darkness, and then they sure as hell will notice the semaphores :D

As for your question, I don't know the answer :p

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The U.K Road Traffic Law manual only states a Maximum height above ground of 1500 mm.

·
19,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tofufi said:
To be honest people won't notice your indicators if they're not on a modern car anyway - people never ever see mine except in darkness, and then they sure as hell will notice the semaphores :D

As for your question, I don't know the answer :p
That's cos yours are red :p

·
19,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tomarse said:
I'd say a big flappy light up flag is enough personally. Especially in terms of how it looks. :D
I want to keep the look - that's why I'm wanting to fit ones which tuck away which will work at the same time as the semaphores.

People don't look on the side of the car for indicators these days - and I don't want her written off!!!!! :(

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Lucy, how about fitting a couple of those Hella type rectangular spot lights at the back. You know the chrome ones. Replace the white bulbs with chromed indicator ones and mount them on the rear bumper irons. That way they look white until you use them, then they shine amber.
On mine, I've replaced the front side lights with indicator bulbs (again to be replaced with chromed ones when I get round to it). I drilled the back of the headlamp reflector bowls and fitted ultra bright white LEDs to replace the sidelights.

·
19,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have ultra white LED sidelights in my Newbie - they look ace!!!!

Chrome bulbs rule - we've got them in most of our cars now :)

I like the ideas - subtle and stylish!!! Thanks! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts