Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor little cat has been in the wars the past few weeks, got in a fight and ended up having to have a real nasty operation on his face (they weren't sure if they could do anything :( ). But he is on the mend now, only problem is he has had this pride thing goin on and wouldn't go to the toilet in the litter tray... he has finally come round to the idea but looks like he is gonna scratch my eyes out every time i put him in it :eek: !! ...So to get to the point on the way back from one of our many very expensive trips to the vet he weed in his box, problem is it was a cardboard one so it poured out all over my lap and soaked into my car seat (we are talkin a lot of wee here too as he stored it up!), even went through to the carpet!
So i have tried spraying Fibreeze and initially cleaning it with some special spray which supposedly get rid of the smell of wee and vomit (my arse does it!), but have had no luck, it's so strong and rank it makes me gag when i get in and have to drive with the windows down and my head half out... (so i look like a chav) even when it is pissing with rain :rolleyes: !
Anyone know of anything that actually works on the smell?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
There's something that you can get from the vets I think, haven't used it to be honest. My cat has wee'd few times in the downstairs toilet, I've tried loads of stuff but the thing that masks it the best is minty mouthwash :crazy: worth a try

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i think you would be better wet vaccing the seat and carpet to be honest as the smell wont go if there is pee still in the fabric.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been thinkin i will probably have to do that, although i think it may be too deep in the inner padding to reach with a vac. :mad:

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
vinegar. make a water vinegar mix up n let it dribble through the same area as the wee. then febreeze it or i like to use lavender oil :hangloose

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Surgical spirit, gets rid of the smell, also if you put some in a garden spray bottle and spray the area where it pee`d for a day or two, it wont go back there again, worked on our laminate floor anyway.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BeeBug said:
vinegar. make a water vinegar mix up n let it dribble through the same area as the wee. then febreeze it or i like to use lavender oil :hangloose
Wouldn't the vinegar damage the foam inside? ...Sorry think i may be talkin out of my arse with that?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
You can get this dry cleaning stuff for car seats it's like a moose you spray on then you give it a good scrub with the attached brush.
Managed to get solidified coke off the seats and belts in my 106 with that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DarkHorse said:
You can get this dry cleaning stuff for car seats it's like a moose you spray on then you give it a good scrub with the attached brush.
Managed to get solidified coke off the seats and belts in my 106 with that.
I tried something along those lines, cats wee just seems to be the worst smell ever to get out of anythin, especially as it has soaked in so deep, im not sure what i could do thats gonna get right down into the seat :(

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
has anyone seen the episode of the simpsons where lisa gets bubblegum in her hair? This is going a little bit that way!

Before long you'll have :

Vinegar,
Surgical Spirit,
Lavender oil,
Febreeze,
Carpet Shampoo,
Dettol

and god knows what else on the seat!!! :D :D

I think if you put all that in there then you won't smell it anymore!

Joking aside, our cat pissed all over my work bag, some ties and the carpet in the corner next to my computer. We used normal carpet shampoo and stuck the rest in the washing machine. To be honest I think you are going to struggle with the wee that deep into the foam, you'll have to run tons of what ever you put in there through the seat so it dilutes the dried wee in the foam.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mr blue bug said:
has anyone seen the episode of the simpsons where lisa gets bubblegum in her hair? This is going a little bit that way!

Before long you'll have :

Vinegar,
Surgical Spirit,
Lavender oil,
Febreeze,
Carpet Shampoo,
Dettol

and god knows what else on the seat!!! :D :D

I think if you put all that in there then you won't smell it anymore!

Joking aside, our cat pissed all over my work bag, some ties and the carpet in the corner next to my computer. We used normal carpet shampoo and stuck the rest in the washing machine. To be honest I think you are going to struggle with the wee that deep into the foam, you'll have to run tons of what ever you put in there through the seat so it dilutes the dried wee in the foam.
I hear ya! ;) ...Maybe i should just rip the damn seat out, then i won't have any passengers moaning about my driving either! Bonus!!...Not that anyone does moan about my perfect woman like driving skills! :D :D :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dirtypidj said:
wouldn't it be easier to get a new seat from the scrappy ?
beat me to it ;)
If it was in the bug i would probably do that but it's a Quicksilver seat so think it would costa pretty penny! ... On top of the £300 vet bill so far (and that i have had to take time off work to look after him) that's not an option... i would have more chance of sticking a piano up my arse ;) !
An i've been thinking about selling the god damn car soon as well :mad: !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts