Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going away for a week in camper next weekend, wanna go to devon, be near a beach (where we can begin to learn to surf) (would be nice to be overlooking beach) and want somewhere very cheeeeeep.

Was thinking of Croyde.....but aren't the sites quite pricey there?

Help puleaseeeeee. :hangloose

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeahh we want basic as you like, not commercial. Found a place called Little Meadow Camping near Ilfracoombe...are there sufing beaches nearby? We are only starting out and will probably venture in about 4/5 times - we are not major keen surfers but dio wanna have a go! This place is 7 pounds a night.....barjin!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
drunkn_munky said:
Oh yeahh we want basic as you like, not commercial. Found a place called Little Meadow Camping near Ilfracoombe...are there sufing beaches nearby? We are only starting out and will probably venture in about 4/5 times - we are not major keen surfers but dio wanna have a go! This place is 7 pounds a night.....barjin!
little meadow is good but theres no surfin in ilfracombe woolacombe is best or croyde,croyde can be a bit pricey though

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the baron said:
little road way farm you cannot see the beach but its 2 mins drive
Thanks for advice! Do you know cost per night? No answer on telephone...

Little meadow is closed anyway i think at this time of year. What a nice looking site though...

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
drunkn_munky said:
Thanks for advice! Do you know cost per night? No answer on telephone...

Little meadow is closed anyway i think at this time of year. What a nice looking site though...
it is a very nice site cheap to .i stayed at little roadway farm with the north devon vw club cost me $20 odd quid from friday nite to sunday about a tenner a nite ish,its basic though ,there a shop on site too ,and some dodgy toilets with hot showers .theres also little shellfin £10 nite

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
cherry tree farm !!. tis a lovely site :D ... but may be closed now due to being off season..

·
Registered
617 Posts
try Ruda camp site . Surfers Paridise. open till november.

behind the dunes of croyde.. pretty good Services.. & big pitches..

one of my fav places.. 5 mins walk to the beach.. too ;)

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Have a look around Saunton (jst round from Croyde) as the break there is more suited for beginners. Croyde can get mighty sucky at low tide some days and can be dangerous unless you know what you're doing. Woolacombe and Puttsbourgh are not too bad.

Saunton on a mellow day on a foamy board can be great fun :cool:

OP

·
Registered
911 Posts
could go to a little place called Tarka carvan and camping site, which is between barnstaple and braunton about 5 mins from saunton, ilfracombe is a bit of a way out from the beaches that are good for surfing and can take you about half an hour to get to croyde from there round all the windy roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts