Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help... Does anyone have any tips for fitting a healiner in a beetle... I am about to embark on putting my Wagon back together after 12years of it sitting i my parents garage. First things first is to put in the new headliner and I am not sure where to start... You guys on this site seem to be able to help with anything so I thought I would start you off with something easy!!!

I look forward to your replies

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
What kind of 72 Bug do you have? Is it a basic 1200 with just the square section of lining in the roof or does it have the full deal with lining on the B & C pilars etc? If it is the latter, how much of the padding is still in place? Do you have the newlining? If so, how many pieces?

One thing I always tell people, when they are about to undertake this for the first time, is that they should be prepared to be a little disappointed. It is a bit like you have to ruin the first one to be abloe to do it well the second time. Not saying that this will always be the case, but there is a reason why most people get experienced folk to do this job.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<snip> One thing I always tell people, when they are about to undertake this for the first time, is that they should be prepared to be a little disappointed. It is a bit like you have to ruin the first one to be abloe to do it well the second time. Not saying that this will always be the case, but there is a reason why most people get experienced folk to do this job <snip>

After a full day staring at the headliner on the livingroom floor and trying to work out what the feck I m supossed to be doing I have decided to get an "experienced folk" to do it. Just to let you know it is a 72 1300 with the full headlining down the B & C pillars. Going to be quite busy with the rebuild so might post somne piccys and stuff on here if thats the done thing....

Anyhoo...Thanks for your speedy reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts