Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a look again this morning and there is no engine number on the case, if it is a new case what should i tell the DVLA about the engine nuber for the V5????? as the cc is different than the one shown on the V5 and i want 2 chage it so i can save money on my insurance!!!

cheers

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,408 Posts
My bus has a brand new engine case and also has no engine number. I was just going to inform them of the increase in capacity to 1641cc and reuse the van's original engine number as that engine has long since gone to meet it's maker.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clarkson said:
My bus has a brand new engine case and also has no engine number. I was just going to inform them of the increase in capacity to 1641cc and reuse the van's original engine number as that engine has long since gone to meet it's maker.
i guess that will that work then ?? i beleive that the old engine was screwed and the new engine was build around a new case.

has anyone done this before?? do i just make that changes to the V5 and send it off to the DVLA??

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The V5c registration document for my Beetle currently just says 'NOT KNOWN' against the entry for Engine Number. The number is there though, near the base of the alternator stand.

There is a section on the V5c to allow you to change or enter an engine number or new capacity. You can then send the logbook off to Swansea to allow them to update their records. You can telephone them too, if you want some advice, it takes a wee while to get to speak to someone but they seem to be genuinely helpful. I had to do this with my daily when I bought it a couple of years ago.

My Beetle is in the process of being re-registered and I was asked to bring the car through to the local DVLA office in Dundee. The inspector spent about half an hour going over my Beetle making notes and taking photos and was complimentary about it, he'd owned Beetles in the past and was very helpful. They are doing the changes to my V5c at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts