Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv had to re put on xp and iv lost the driver for my sound card its a creative sound blaster sb0790 , xp cant find drivers for it , anyone no how i can get um , would rather not put linewire etc on as that caused the melt down in the first place , many thanks d

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
help again , wen i instol the drivers my pc freezes up alot , any ideas , is it the sound blaster or the drivers or the aol dialup , im tryin to do it all rite so no probs but it wont av it , im goin mad ,,help plaesesssssss befor i chuck it out the window

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
obvious question is what spec is yourPC and how big is the popwer supply, the creative cards are quite demanding on your system.

When you say the on board sound doesn't work do you know why not?

is it disabled within the BIOS? - if you are unsure, enter the BIOS at start up and look for a "legacy audio" setiing or something similar in the setup pages - obviosly this will depend on what motherboard you have

Do you have drivers for the motherboard? - actually this question is relevent whether or not you are using the soundblaster because installing them will make windows run better

Andy

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
helllo , the pc is up to the job as it was all workin befoe with no probs , iv been in to the bios and yes it was disabled so changed that and now it wants the drivers for the new one but i aint got the driver disc, dont no wy wasunt givin one with it , its a packard bell , pent 4 , thats are i no , thanks again for help d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts