Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am now making my confession i decided it would be a great idea to repace my front wheel bearings (that i found to be nearly non exsistant :eek:) and have no real mechanical skills while i had the wheel off i thought i would have a check on all the bushes around the suspension and i took of my traction control arm it looked good so i stuck it back on and now my car pulls to the right slightly (but i only touced the left side of the car) :( i dont no what to do.
i am feeling like a complete muppet but i geuss its all a learning curve :( i have read that there is a little washer that has to be just right is there anyway of upgrading to make this a little bit easy for myself?? pls help :(

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
You mean you completely removed 1 below?
2 and 6 in the pic are adjusters that alter the camber angle of your wheel. As you rotate 2 and 6 the control arm and the bottom of the suspension/wheel is pulled in or out for adjustment. You now need to reset your camber and tracking, but it would be sense to thoroughly check all the steering and suspension components before you do that, so any parts needed can be replaced first.
It really pays to read and understand your manual before you attempt repairs.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yer i thats the one :) yer i am going to read my manual cover to cover now :) so is there a standard position this should be in?? cos the manual doesnt really say how to do it of is it somthing i should take it to a garage for?? chrs for ure help u r a life saver i rlly cant thank u enuf :)

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
You need to either take it to a garage that has a camber gauge or get one yourself. Accurate gauges are expensive but http://www.frost.co.uk/ do one that's quite good for the price. Key m222 into their 'search'. The tracking then needs to be reset/checked using another gauge (m280) but most garages can do that for a price. As I said before, check everything else first so you don't need to do the track/camber twice, or have a professional check it for you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok wiked i will ave a mech check it all over and see if he will tlk me through it for further refrence. thanks very much mate your an absolute life saver i can see y u r a respected member :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts