Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel pump flange has broken,leaving half of it inside the engine casing.Can't shift it at all.Anyone out there got any novel ideas?getting desperate.many thanx....

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
They always do that.
Try to screw a big self tapping screw into the bit that's stuck, and pull it out.
If that fails, use a screwdriver to break it up, the bits should all end up in the bottom of the case and as long as there are no bits between the soft brass distributor drive gear and the Distributor driveshaft, they shouldn't do any damage. I'd change the oil a couple of time to clear it all out though.

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
Run a sharp well greased long tapered tap that is just larger than the hole diameter right through the remains and carefully lever both sides of the tap upwards exactly parallel. If you lever one side or the other the flange will break again. Flush any bits down into the sump and change the oil (twice if you're paranoid). You can scrape around the bottom of the sump for any bits through the sump plate with a suitably shaped tool. I use a reshaped old wiper blade. Alternatively, strip the engine.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx the the flange and other bits was now only a sympton.much worse has now reared it's ugly head.anyone got any spare rope? so I can hang meself and shuffle off this mortal coil.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I got some rope!
Tell us what happened first, we could save your family some money ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as the germans would say "ze engine iz gefocked" engine smells like a bad bbq, No3 is squeeeeelin like a baby pig ,got a black niagara falls underneath and it's friday the 13th!other than that my day has been good.sod the rope I'm hittin the brandy n coke.at least that won't mark my skin.thanx for the offer of the rope anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts