Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,from a novice ,
Type 1 1973 1300 Bug just passed a successful MOT.( brought back kindly by my wife while I was at work) I have now discovered that the bonnet's catch has jammed. Any dudes know how to rectify this so next time I want to bleed the brakes I can gain access to the brake fluid....oh yeh and the spare tyre(that has a nail in it ,that needs to be replaced at some point when money is a bit more flush)
Also I have a new aerial to replace the old one,any help with this?:lol:
Lastly my great mini enthusuast neighbour who has helped and been a great teacher advises me that the clutch is slipping and we will have to put in a new clutch kit at some point in the future..we reckon it might be oil contamination from a leak from the main flywheel seal(seen a small leak near the sump),Big Thanks in advance, Roguesy P

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
you can sometimes gain enough access via the glove box hole to pull on the wire if it is that end that has come loose.

Have heard of cutting the handle in half so the mounting of the catcher can be unscrewed (undo both parts of handle) thus releasing the bonnet.

If your clutch is slipping due to oil contamination - before you rush out and buy (or maybe just after you've rushed out out and bought one and have it ready to fit) a new clutch, try sticking it in 4th, building up the revs and letting the clutch out. It should burn off some of the contaminated disk and give you a little better bite (for a while anyway)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts