Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
basically the plan is to adapt the r5 turbo carb, one to go each side and run a turbo though them as on the gtt.
so it's general help as to what is needed and used and how best / tips on doing it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Dead Dog said:
basically the plan is to adapt the r5 turbo carb, one to go each side and run a turbo though them as on the gtt.
so it's general help as to what is needed and used and how best / tips on doing it.
Its pretty straight forward fitting a turbo (single) to a bug, youll just need a bit o money and a good gezzer to fabricate you some nice exhaust pipes plus induction pipes
Are you going to run a intercooler?
there be a fair bit of tweeking on thoses carbs.

·
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't know as yet, as said it's something i've been thinking of for a while, and i think i've sold my 40's so that can part fund the project, i'd asked about the idea about a year ago, and was told a few have done it, so i'm after advise on the project.
ta!

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
if you havent done turboing before as a suggestion, get the book `turbomania`, i got mine from street style and power, goes through the ins and outs of all the stuff you`ll need for any blow throw and draw through set up so you can then work out how to set it up in general.

ourkid on here is a guy you need to speak to as he did an R5 conversion on his 1600 ghia.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Try a search on here under "turbocharging" - There is enough for about a months reading!

You can e-mail me if you get stuck,

Ade.

·
Registered
398 Posts
ok, so i'm going through doing this at the mo, just gettin together all the bits at the mo, so far i've got dis solex carb and fuel reg off a r5t, garrett t25 off sarb an intercooler off rover25 diesel, fuel pump and filter off t25 injection. also electric water pump off e36 bmw, need this to pump water for turbo, all thats left to get is little rad and fan, and another engine to bolt this lot to as it's daily driver! and maybe a lotta luck

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
whats the water pump for?????????????????????????????????

is it a watercooled turbo? best, and easier to go for a oil cooled one!

·
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1303r said:
ok, so i'm going through doing this at the mo, just gettin together all the bits at the mo, so far i've got dis solex carb and fuel reg off a r5t, garrett t25 off sarb an intercooler off rover25 diesel, fuel pump and filter off t25 injection. also electric water pump off e36 bmw, need this to pump water for turbo, all thats left to get is little rad and fan, and another engine to bolt this lot to as it's daily driver! and maybe a lotta luck
jobs nearly done then :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
lol yeh so close, why not water cooled? gonna hock up temp switch on it so will run after ign is off and also use rad as a heater

1 - 16 of 16 Posts