Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me, if i import a car from another european country and the car has obviously been laid up and off the road for years with paperwork lost, can i still register it overhere without problems? and will i still be able to bring the car into the country without paperwork other than a receipt for the car from the owner? any help would be good as i have a deal riding on this

thanks

pete

·
Registered
761 Posts
lost papers is gonna cause u serious headaches! give your local dvla a ring they will let u know where u stand. a lot depends if its classed as 'scrap'. how much of original car remains intact. if it has a id numbers still on chassis,gearbox and engine. if u know chassis no. u can give vw cust svc a bell 0800711811. they will send u official date of manufacture letter. that will help u get age related plate and tax exempt status when u do register it with dvla. to register it u will need a current mot certificate (on chassis no.) and insurance. also import forms from dvla and proof of ownership/reciept. GOOD LUCK!!!! or get a uk registered bug and get 'creative' (sorry officer!!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts