Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just bought my first beetle and plan to put a performance engine in it. Ive come from a back ground of owning jap cars so im tempted by the legacy engine.
just wondering what the easiest conversion would be as im doing it myself, ive also seen a porsche 928 turbo engine i liked the look of any help or advice would be great thanks. also what gearbox would i need thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
NA legacy engine is cheap, fairly easy and lots of power. There's also loads of other folks who have done it so lots of advice!

Where abouts are you, finding someone with a conversion near is a good start

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi mate

Twin turbo is alot of work, single is much easier. Rads fairly easy in a bug, up front. Lots of info if you look around. You may be amazed how much fun a NA is in such a light car.

I'd suggest fitting a 091 bus gearbox with a RJES bellhousing which means it should all bolt together nicely

Are you going to dubfreze?

Good luck

Seb

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a na 2.2 in my bay and its so much fun. I know the van can go faster than I ever drive it and I have a lot of fun scaring boy racers and bmw's.

A single turbo is very do-able, its really the twin which is a lot of work.

Seb

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will stick with non turbo as that will help the budget. the beetle that will have the engine will be a track/ road car. so i might strip it out to help the power to weight ratio. thanks for the advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts