Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law is rowing in the regatta and we fancy going to watch/get drunk for the weekend :D

Are there any good places to camp, campsite or other, in the area that don't charge over the odds during the event?

Thanks in advance... :)

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
The campsite in Henley will have been booked out for ages - Swiss Farm is the name.

Wallingford is about 10 miles away, but only about 15 minutes - three there - inc. one at the outdoor pool link and this one is just across the road.

Another one at Benson, which is about a mile away.

This one may still be in business:

Whitemark Farm

Camp/Caravan Site, 82 Hillroad, Watlington, OX49 5AF
Small, quiet, pretty site with easy access from M40.

it's easy to get to from the M40, and about 20 mins from Henley.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thanks, i'll give them a try.

We've looked into Swiss Farm but you either have to pay for the full week and book a pitch, or take your chance with their overflow fields(which close on the Friday evening before we'd be able to get there...)

:)

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
He'd be overstaying his welcome at Stonor by a bit - Henley Regatta is 4 - 8 July this year :D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,331 Posts
artist said:
He'd be overstaying his welcome at Stonor by a bit - Henley Regatta is 4 - 8 July this year :D
Oh didnt know that! it usually coincides dont it (I really enjoy going thru Henley on the way home for the looks off the Boaty people)
This is what i overheard in Traffic from Little Kids last year
"Mummy Mummy look at that funny Old Bus over there! Dont look at them Dear i think they may be travelers :lol:

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
You could try the caravan club site

Four Oaks
Caravan Club Site
Marlow Road
Henley-on-Thames
RG9 2HY
England

Telephone - 01491 572312

A few minutes walk into town :)

SYNCS

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
artist said:
:lol:

Thanks guys, checking out our options now. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts