Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
9,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now im sure this has been mentioned many times.... but ive only just stumbled accross it

anyone seen the Herbie film with Bruce Campbell in it? remake of the love bug in 1997?!

is it any good? cant belive i have never heard of or seen this..

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
There was a Herbie film in the late 90's had a good Herbie and a bad (black) Herbie, was OK, not as good as the other Disney films tho, but then I love all things Herbie :)

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Yeah I think thats the one with the 2 Herbies (the 90's film), Good (proper Herbie) bad (black Herbie), was a TV movie thing, watchable(ish)

·
25 character limit is cra
6,619 Posts
It was pretty dire, but I'd probably watch anything with Herbie and Dean Jones in it. Probably the worst of all the films though.

You'll be watching the Herbie TV series from the 1980s next :eek:

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,286 Posts
It was pretty dire, but I'd probably watch anything with Herbie and Dean Jones in it. Probably the worst of all the films though.

You'll be watching the Herbie TV series from the 1980s next :eek:
No way, Herbie Goes Bananas is worse than that.

The bad Herbie is called "Horrace" and features some interesting body mods :eek:

Got it on VHS off the telly from years ago, gonna dig it out now. Anyone found it on DVD?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
the remake of the love bug did have ONE good feature, that was the whole good Herbie vs bad Horrace race took place at 20mph (far more believable)

the film was awful apart from that, no speed in the film, the roof of Herbie was painted to LOOK like a rag top too

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,286 Posts
the remake of the love bug did have ONE good feature, that was the whole good Herbie vs bad Horrace race took place at 20mph (far more believable)

the film was awful apart from that, no speed in the film, the roof of Herbie was painted to LOOK like a rag top too
There's a scene where Herbie gets smashed up pretty bad by Horace, you can see it's a red bug where all the white paint has flaked off, pretty sure the roof has just had a big hole cut in it to replicate the sunroof too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts