Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Saddest VZi'er 2019
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just starting on Disney Channel, here at work. Oh my God, it's making me want to self harm!!! No, it's making me want to vomit, fly to America and punch everyone in the film, vomit again, fly home, and THEN self harm!
It's so twee and sickly sweet, watching this is like bathing in sugar and drinking a tin of golden syrup.

I think what's making me most uncomfortable about it is how it's obviously been written and designed to be a product - appealing to the most people possible - every single aspect is aimed at the most common denominator.
Sickly typical American predictable moralistic sugar, amplified by 100 in the way only Disney can.

And the nation laps it up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Orby1 said:
It's just starting on Disney Channel, here at work. Oh my God, it's making me want to self harm!!! No, it's making me want to vomit, fly to America and punch everyone in the film, vomit again, fly home, and THEN self harm!
It's so twee and sickly sweet, watching this is like bathing in sugar and drinking a tin of golden syrup.

I think what's making me most uncomfortable about it is how it's obviously been written and designed to be a product - appealing to the most people possible - every single aspect is aimed at the most common denominator.
Sickly typical American predictable moralistic sugar, amplified by 100 in the way only Disney can.

And the nation laps it up. :rolleyes:
:lol: me and my sister saw the trailer for it on thursday and thought about pulling the plug out on the sky cos it looked that ville! i take it with your job then you have to sit there and watch it too :D

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
my kids love it...they are 6 and 8

the fact that its on Disney Channel makes me think its not aimed at grownups :lol:

·
Saddest VZi'er 2019
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coddy said:
:lol: me and my sister saw the trailer for it on thursday and thought about pulling the plug out on the sky cos it looked that ville! i take it with your job then you have to sit there and watch it too :D
Yeah Coddy I have to watch it and check it goes to air ok. It's such a big deal for Disney we have to really be on top of it 100% making sure it's alright.
All the songs are moralistic preachy crap - 'Stick together and we can make it as a team', 'Just be yourself that's all anyone can expect from you', 'black white or yellow it doesn't matter we can all live together and get the job done'
Argh!!! Puke puke puke!!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts