Volkszone Forum banner

Historic vehicle tax petition.

• propose all 25years+ go tax exempt.

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • Keep it as it is.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • propose a half duty or similar.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • lets talk about tax on fuel! on ANOTHER THREAD please!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, just say what you feel about the issue. NOT side issues like 4x4's tax on fuel etc.

the question is....

Do you think it is worth getting a petition together to lobby for the historic vehicle exemption re assesed to vehicles over 25 years old.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
It just wont happen, the over 25 years thing.
Its another tax thats now relied on by the government, they'd have to make up the tax again elsewhere.
I'm sure it would also be quite difficult to admin.
I think that a road tax is more likely to be introduced for us who aren't paying than them revert to this.
But hey, what do i know?
I bought an older bug for the tax reason.

·
Porsche Buffer
11,692 Posts
It will change one day but for the worse. We're fortunate to have it as it is at the moment but, trust me, it will never be rolling again and it won't be long before an annual admin charge is introduced for tax exempt vehicles that will slowly increase year by year.

Hate to put a damper on things but a petition will have the chocolate fire guard effect. We just need to be thankful for what we get at the moment!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
im just wondering how long will it be before they start taxing historics.... and we had a skate park built on the strength of a petition when i was 15!! :D

·
Watercooled, and warm!
10,277 Posts
DarrenW said:
I'd like to see it returned to the rolling 25 year exemption, but it ain't gonna happen sadly...

Not wanting to put a dampener on things, but has a petition ever worked, EVER?
I'd like to see that too, but feel the same a Darren, although was it the Conservatives that had it as a pre election pledge last time.

There is also the crime benefit too, there will be a lot less fake tax exempt cars kicking around if the law is changed.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I'd love to see a return to the 25+ rolling exemption, BUT.

£200 a year ISN'T a lot to keep your car on the road...

it's less than £1 a day.

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
I think a rolling exemption should be introduced, but perhaps make it 30 years rolling. 25 only takes us to 1981 and by that point most cars could be considered relatively modern I'd say. Either way, they should increase a rolling exemption.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
hermand said:
I think a rolling exemption should be introduced, but perhaps make it 30 years rolling. 25 only takes us to 1981 and by that point most cars could be considered relatively modern I'd say. Either way, they should increase a rolling exemption.
But Why?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
no way otherwise all the chavs will get their old fiestas/novas tax free! :crazy:

It won't happen anyway, it's only a matter of time before they find some way to tax us anyway

1 - 20 of 31 Posts