Volkszone Forum banner
241 - 260 of 262 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
3,292 Posts
Seems the buyers solicitors have still not done any of the conveyancing searches. Sounds like they were waiting for the buyers to tell them to do them, since march. :rolleyes:
I need to sort out getting my bug transported down there and am getting quotes around the £3-500 mark. I could hire a trailer up here for £75 for 2 days, drive it down one day and drive back up here the next to return the trailer but not sure i'm up to 14 hours driving in 2 days.
Where you moving to, from your posts I got the feel you were staying local, 7 hours drive away is quite a move!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Good luck. Fingers crossed for you. Gotta say, buying a house is possibly the most stressful thing we've ever done. Seems you have pretty much zero control over anything that goes on.
Thanks. Yep, certainly seems like most things aren't within your control, but you can be certain that someone is making money at every opportunity.

·
Registered
17,040 Posts
Seems the buyers solicitors have still not done any of the conveyancing searches. Sounds like they were waiting for the buyers to tell them to do them, since march. :rolleyes:
That’s bananas. Surely they must be telling porkies. Conveyancing 101: Do the searches… 🧐

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Where you moving to, from your posts I got the feel you were staying local, 7 hours drive away is quite a move!
Moving from Maryport on west coast of cumbria down to Maenclochog in south wales. About 300 or so miles away.

Thanks. Yep, certainly seems like most things aren't within your control, but you can be certain that someone is making money at every opportunity.
Yep, seems like they're getting paid for doing very little at times.

That’s bananas. Surely they must be telling porkies. Conveyancing 101: Do the searches… 🧐
I hope they are. They're pretty incompetent if they haven't.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Moving from Maryport on west coast of cumbria down to Maenclochog in south wales. About 300 or so miles away.
We moved to Wales too, but only just, as we're pretty close to the border, near Monmouth. You're going much further West!

Can recommend it, genuinely a much friendlier place than where I moved from.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
We moved to Wales too, but only just, as we're pretty close to the border, near Monmouth. You're going much further West!

Can recommend it, genuinely a much friendlier place than where I moved from.
Been told south wales is friendlier to non Welsh than North Wales.
Village we're moving to is 50/50 English /Welsh.
We'll be right on the edge of the Priseli hills.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Good luck mate. 🤞
Cheers.
I can see why some people buy a house and then live in it for the rest of their lives. :unsure: I don't think i want to move again in a hurry.
I've got 1/2 the spare room full of boxes of books and magazines. Trying to keep boxes under 20kg means you can only fit 5 or 6 books in each so theres dozens and dozens. :oops:
Finally got the majority of my garage packed today. Most of the awkward stuff is packed in my Westfakia trailer as the movers weren't keen to move ramps, welder, compressor or trolley jacks.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,205 Posts
Disaster!

Can you rent a load of 3.5t vans from somewhere like enterprise and drop them off at a local depot to the new house?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Disaster!

Can you rent a load of 3.5t vans from somewhere like enterprise and drop them off at a local depot to the new house?
Managed to find someone who can take a load of boxed up stuff (mostly my magazine collection and around a dozen boxes of books and kitchen stuff) but it's gonna cost us more. ☹

·
Premium Member
15,551 Posts
Do you or the 3.5T van have a towbar? Hire a box trailer.

I'd even consider buying a box trailer, use it and sell when done. Even if you lose a couple hundred quid on deal, you wouldn't having to return it, saving time and money. Plus you can empty it at your leisure.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
The rest of the stuff came down today in a LWB sprinter.
Got down here at 9:30pm last night after an 8 hour drive down the country. Temperature was still in the mid 20s. Been 29c today and i can't cope with the heat. :oops:

Now just the task of unboxing this lot and finding a space for it.

My Westfakia trailer contains 99% of the contents of my old garage.

Might have to look into insulating the loft above the garage as its a huge space but was 35+ up there today.

241 - 260 of 262 Posts