Volkszone Forum banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,312 Posts
Love the house, and love a project. Sadly it looks like the purchase is falling apart today :(
Crap! You in a chain? It's the stress of stuff like that worries me and don't want to feel like we're rushing in while there's no stamp duty.
We haven't seen anything that would do and don't want to put ours on the market until we've somewhere sorted, just been tidying it up. Saw one that would have been perfect but needed a fair bit of work done and with the kids and the way things are at the minute wouldn't have worked out, and another that was perfect in every way,great yard and amazing garage................just in the wrong area.
 

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
Joined
·
11,179 Posts
Crap! You in a chain? It's the stress of stuff like that worries me and don't want to feel like we're rushing in while there's no stamp duty.
We haven't seen anything that would do and don't want to put ours on the market until we've somewhere sorted, just been tidying it up. Saw one that would have been perfect but needed a fair bit of work done and with the kids and the way things are at the minute wouldn't have worked out, and another that was perfect in every way,great yard and amazing garage................just in the wrong area.
We're in a small chain of 3 and we're in the middle. I'm not sure if our vendors are aware of the access issue, there's been an agreement signed between them and the house next door who share the access. It's a shame that neigher of them own the land they've signed the agreement on. I think if a possessory title can be sorted we may still be on, but I'm not holding my breath just yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
We're in a small chain of 3 and we're in the middle. I'm not sure if our vendors are aware of the access issue, there's been an agreement signed between them and the house next door who share the access. It's a shame that neigher of them own the land they've signed the agreement on. I think if a possessory title can be sorted we may still be on, but I'm not holding my breath just yet
I do feel for you, the vendors of the house we are buying still cant find anything to buy. They have viewed a few but right now there is bugger all on the market around here.
My only hope is the market now picks up as a result of the stamp duty extension and more houses come to market. That gives me two options, one they find the house of their dreams or I find another house to buy before my buyer backs out of buying mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,192 Posts
Our house went on the market on Thursday morning and we have 5 viewings booked for today plus another 4 tomorrow.
Looks like it's going to be a weekend when I get no time to myself to do anything on my vws. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,565 Posts
Seems the market's really buoyant, the stamp duty thing has had a huge impact. Houses around here are absolutely flying, people are really struggling to find places to buy, and rent even more so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,312 Posts
Think lockdown has made a lot of folks either realise they need something bigger.......or smaller.

What way is the frozen stamp duty working, ie when would be the latest you could buy a house and not pay stamp duty? Assuming normally around 2months for everything to go through and move in.
 

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
Joined
·
11,179 Posts
What way is the frozen stamp duty working, ie when would be the latest you could buy a house and not pay stamp duty? Assuming normally around 2months for everything to go through and move in.
We had an offer accepted around the 6th of Jan, searches won't be back until Friday. Solicitors are swamped as well, I'd say 3 months or so to move. I think we'll be in late April/early May.

Our move is back on as well in case it wasn't obvious form that :lol:

Spent ages trying to get the solictors to sort out the access issue, and they were useless. So I wrote a letter and pooped it through the letter box of the house next door to the one we're buying. Chap called me back that evening, had a good chat with him and it's all good.

Thanks to Gareth for his help as well :D
 

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
Joined
·
1,528 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
We had an offer accepted around the 6th of Jan, searches won't be back until Friday. Solicitors are swamped as well, I'd say 3 months or so to move. I think we'll be in late April/early May.

Our move is back on as well in case it wasn't obvious form that :lol:

Spent ages trying to get the solictors to sort out the access issue, and they were useless. So I wrote a letter and pooped it through the letter box of the house next door to the one we're buying. Chap called me back that evening, had a good chat with him and it's all good.

Thanks to Gareth for his help as well :D
Glad to hear all is back on!

We are so close now - the link below us in the chain (which fell through and got a new buyer) has had all searches and queries complete, contracts are all signed, and last I heard it was just the deposit transfer from the first time buyer at the bottom required. We had some back and forth with completion dates due to removals availability, but hopefully that is now sorted and we have tentatively agreed on 15th April. Just need to exchange now, then we can book it in and all systems are go.

Bear in mind that we sold back in November so we are getting on for 5 months!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
From todays 3 viewings theres another 2 full price offers. I'm thinking a fight to the death gladiators style battle with pugil sticks is in order. :lol:
Our agent was telling us about a "high end" property that they sold where this happened, and the two potential buyers kept bidding the price up well above asking!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,192 Posts
Our agent was telling us about a "high end" property that they sold where this happened, and the two potential buyers kept bidding the price up well above asking!
Thats nice.

Got 2 of the cash offerers (not really sure what to call them) coming back today for second viewings.
I was hoping to get some work done on my caravelle before the weather changes on thursday but that doesn't look very likely now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Great to hear you guys are moving and it's all going well. We are still stuck waiting for our seller to find something. The stamp duty extension has improved what's coming on to the market slightly but only at the higher-priced end. Our seller is still looking but not making progress. I have been looking for alternative property but nothing in my mid-market price is coming to market. We are looking for a 4 bed detached family forever home, but they are just not coming to the market in my area.
Its getting frustrating now. If I try to push him I worry he will pull out and stay put.
 
81 - 100 of 142 Posts
Top