Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just imported a splitty from California but have been told by the DVLA that I have to supply proof of the age. I have shown them the vin number and given them information on how to read it but they are asking for further proof. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do next?

·
Registered
397 Posts
you can get a birth cert from volkswagen in germany, not sure how, but contact them,, spend some cash, and you get a birth certificate to show age of manufacture. hope that helps

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
ring VW customer services at Milton Keynes, ask them for a form for a hertiage dating certificate.
fill it in and fax / post it back to them.
They will then send you an invoice for £29.38 - pay it and they will send you a letter confirming the manufacture date for your van. This letter is acceptable proof for the DVLA

·
Registered
9,989 Posts
Send me an email, via my profile on here and Ill send you the pdf document that they will send you. You fill it in , post it to them, they send you a bill, then send you a dating letter.
They are efficient (for such a long winded way of doing it), but this will save you a day.

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
Instead of sending VW £30 for this our club runs the service for £10 just pm or email me to sort out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts