Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been asked before! Been offered a 72 devon bay window. The fella bought it 6 years ago and has never had a V5 and hasn't yet finished the restoration.

Not sure yet if gonna use the bits off it to fix our 73 westy or use bits from the westy to fix that (tempting coz it should be tax exempt), or run both! If we buy it, can we get a V5 from the DVLA? Will they contact any previous registered owner to make sure they aren't gonna stake a claim on it or just send out the logbook to us? We have the reg number and chassis number.

Checking on the DVLA website it looks like it was last taxed in 1988! Can I get a form from the post office and send it off easy peasy or will it be a pain in the ass?

Thanks

Leanne :D

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
get the xcurrent owner to apply for it as a condition of the sale,dont buy until he has it

·
Click here to delete.
20,566 Posts
Nic B-C said:
get the xcurrent owner to apply for it as a condition of the sale,dont buy until he has it
Unless the fact it has no V5 is reflected in the price.

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
Dodge said:
Unless the fact it has no V5 is reflected in the price.
even with that do a check and make sure its registered where it is said to be

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I bought a 1303 from a scrapyard - car came with no keys / engine / gearbox or logbook. £19 and about 5 days later the DVLA had sent me a nice new one!

Quite surprised really - thought it would have taken longer and maybe had a couple of confirmation phone calls off them... but no!

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
Brian Burrows said:
Did you miss this bit?

Must've been registered in the UK, to be taxed ;)
yep but could have changed hands many times in the interim time

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
Unless things have changed since I last got a car from them.. the trade supermarket cars all come with no V5 and you apply for one once you have the car. It's no big deal. The registered keeper isn't necessarily the owner and all that... and if there is no V5, it really isn't something to worry about. I've sold two vehicles to people with no V5.

·
Click here to delete.
20,566 Posts
Nic B-C said:
Jeesh just shows how sad some people really can be :(
FFS Nic, you post a link to 3 1/2 year old news, with nothing that hasn't been said in this thread by others already. What are you expecting, a medal for proving everyone elses point?

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
Dodge said:
FFS Nic, you post a link to 3 1/2 year old news, with nothing that hasn't been said in this thread by others already. What are you expecting, a medal for proving everyone elses point?
Really!!!!

so has it been said you cant get tax without one?

Has it been said get the current owner to get it as a condition of sale?

get a life instead of piggybacking me cos its tiresome!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.