Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to drain the half tank of fuel from my beetle but I can't work out how to get to the fuel pipe under the tank.

I have it jacked up & on axle stands.

Also would the fuel filter be under there somewhere? There isn't one in the engine bay, and I presume it'd have one somewhere :confused:

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
With the front wheels off you should be able to see the fuel line to the right of the steering box at the middle of the bottom of the tank.

Failing that you could lift the fuel tank up inside the bonnet and get to the line that way. This makes access a fair bit easier but you need to remove the 4 tank bolts and the filler hose and breather lines.

:)

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
You can see the line here:

The filter may well be somewhere along that line.

Lifting the fuel tank or taking it out is a worthwhile job as it provides easy access to the brake master cylinder and steering components etc and an opportunity to check the front bulkhead and framehead for rust! :)

·
Registered
18,482 Posts
If you don't need to remove the tank for some other reason, simply take the gauge sender out of the tank top (5 screws) and use a siphon pump to extract the fuel.

With sender out of the way, you can peer down into the tank where the filter mesh screen will be visible and you can check it for debris clogging. This was the only filter provided by the factory.

SJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.