Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,459 Posts
Upto 6 weeks but you can do it same day if you've got the cash. Cost me £90 last time but I'd lost mine and didn't realise til the day before I was going on holiday to Canada.

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
easigee said:
Does anyone know how long it will take me to re-new my passport :D
the way they do it now, it depends how quick you need it, you pay different rates for different speeds

·
Registered
10,670 Posts
a re-newal wont take long , its only when you have to apply for your first one or a lost one that takes the time , got mine back within 2 weeks :)

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys :D

I had heard that if travelling to Europe that i wouldnt need the usual passport and that some sort of "paper passport" can be issued or is that incorrect ?

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
easigee said:
Cheers guys :D

I had heard that if travelling to Europe that i wouldnt need the usual passport and that some sort of "paper passport" can be issued or is that incorrect ?
not been true for years

the UK law is you need a passport to get in and out

·
Chinga tu Madre
6,949 Posts
Gee to save having your application returned, take all your stuff to the post office and pay a bit extra for Check and Send or whatever they call it. All your docs and pics are chacked at the counter and then they post it off for you.

It can save time in the long run.

Hope this helps

xx

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
veedubbya said:
Gee to save having your application returned, take all your stuff to the post office and pay a bit extra for Check and Send or whatever they call it. All your docs and pics are chacked at the counter and then they post it off for you.

It can save time in the long run.

Hope this helps

xx
it's not rocket science though

we recently did my kids first passports... renewed mine and changed my wife's to her married name... all without taking to post office

from what I've seen in the post office the check and send is for people just off the boat :lol: :D

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
Got my passport renewed recently.. Took 10 days from sending the form off. Didn't bother with the 'Check and Send' thing as its a waste of money -as someone said, its not rocket science!

Just paid the normal renewal rate and it arrived 10 days pronto.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
if it's less than 14 days before you travel you have to book an appointment at the passport office, passport costs £91. If you have a morning appointment you can hang around and collect in the afternoon. If you have an afternoon one (weekday) they guarantee to post within 7 days, 9 days on the weekend. London passport office is Eccleston Square,Victoria - fairly nr to coach station and tube ;) What used to be E111 can be ordered foc via internet, takes 3 days, valid for 5 years. Have also found out that doctors and banks won't sign the pics, pics have to be just so too.

Don't talk to me about passports :tick: ;)

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
I've used the check n send twice - worth it in case you miss something, and each time the passport has been back in about 8/9 days.

Round here the passports are delivered back by a courier, not the Royal Mail, and I think need a signature.

·
Registered
336 Posts
you can get it done the same day if you go to Newport in Wales :( but that does mean you have to go to NewPort and it does mean you have to spend around £100 plus what it costs to get there and back.

The two weeks of waiting sounds more of a WINNER :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
peelo said:
from what I've seen in the post office the check and send is for people just off the boat :lol: :D
From what I've seen at our post office the staff are just off the boat!

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
gee all the info you need is here www.passport.gov.uk

I don't f***ing believe this ... just found my sons birth certificate in my bag, the one that I had to wait for 2 days to get, that meant he had gone over the 14 day deadline, which meant that he had to go to the passport office in London on saturday ... just phoned the passport office and they can't tell me anything due to data protection arrrrgggghhhhhhh bang head bang head

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again everyone for the information :cool:

I now have the form infront of me to send off and it looks fairly straight forward so i will fill it in and send it off asap :D

dirtypidj, that sounds just like something that i would do, thanks for the link :crazy: :D

Im really excited and i hope it comes through soon :cool:

·
Registered
21,194 Posts
£73 with check and send at the post office, that's their fast-track way of doing it, it guarantees it within 2 weeks and you track it yourself online too.

I know this cos i've just done it, it's £66 for a new passport plus £7 for the check and send ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts