Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Watercooled, and warm!
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baywindow westy including the roof, just costing up the respray :D

I'm going to have a bash myself, but never bought enough paint to cover a van :crazy:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I asked last year to do the bus bumpers, I went to two paint shops and prices ranged from £27=£36 a litre :eek:

I thought it was quite expensive

cheers Steve

·
Watercooled, and warm!
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
silversteve said:
I asked last year to do the bus bumpers, I went to two paint shops and prices ranged from £27=£36 a litre :eek:

I thought it was quite expensive

cheers Steve
CHOWTCH!! Thats a bit steep, but I suppose it depends on how much I need, I reckon about 5 litres but then I could be wrong

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
What about all the stuff that's on the 'bay? There's a store called 'Fascinating Finishes' or something that do all sorts of paint, at about £35 for 5 litres. :)

·
Watercooled, and warm!
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Odin said:
What about all the stuff that's on the 'bay? There's a store called 'Fascinating Finishes' or something that do all sorts of paint, at about £35 for 5 litres. :)
"The Bay" is many different colours at the moment, I cannot afford to get all the bodywork sorted this year, as my priority is the engine and brake set up. So I want a cheap matt black respray that will see it all in one colour and lkast until next autumn/winter when I can afford to get all the bodywork done proper :D

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Just finished respraying my bus.
I used TETROSYL matt black (not satin) which cost £14 a litre.
In the end i used about 10 litres, which got 3 coats on the bus, bumpers, etc.
Make sure its top coat though. :D
Oh yeah out of tins not aerosols, mixed with thinners but im sure you knew that anyway :hangloose

·
Watercooled, and warm!
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tufty said:
Just finished respraying my bus.
I used TETROSYL matt black (not satin) which cost £14 a litre.
In the end i used about 10 litres, which got 3 coats on the bus, bumpers, etc.
Make sure its top coat though. :D
Oh yeah out of tins not aerosols, mixed with thinners but im sure you knew that anyway :hangloose
AWESOME :D

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
BarryWinsper said:
"The Bay" is many different colours at the moment, I cannot afford to get all the bodywork sorted this year, as my priority is the engine and brake set up. So I want a cheap matt black respray that will see it all in one colour and lkast until next autumn/winter when I can afford to get all the bodywork done proper :D
Oops...by "the 'bay" I meant eBay. That wasn't very clear was it? :D

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I think the tetrosyl is even cheaper if you buy it in 5 litre tins :D

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
tufty said:
Oh my :eek: im in love with your Panel van

oh and where did you buy the paint from i just looked on the Tetrosyl website but couldn't find it :eek: im after some matt/satin black for my bug ;). . . sorry to high jack the thread

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
That tetrosyl looks a good bet. You can get it off ebay, just search for 'tetrosyl matt black'. :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
BarryWinsper said:
Baywindow westy including the roof, just costing up the respray :D

I'm going to have a bash myself, but never bought enough paint to cover a van :crazy:
Not got a clue, but I thought I'd say Hi to a fellow Lyneham dubber.
:hangloose

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
vikkibadvwclub said:
Oh my :eek: im in love with your Panel van

oh and where did you buy the paint from i just looked on the Tetrosyl website but couldn't find it :eek: im after some matt/satin black for my bug ;). . . sorry to high jack the thread
I got mine from my local autofactors or in deed try on e-bay.

Thanks its taken me all summer to get it that far its basically got a new front end beam,spindles,shocks,csp disc brakes etc, etc ...............and im now about £3500 lighter.

now for the motor.

Look out for me ill hopefully be racing next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts