Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....before it starts to drip out of the steel pipe under the wheel arch under gravity?

i've about 2 1/2 litres in there, trying to work out if the steel pipe is blocked - I blew through it from the other end but can't work out if there are any bubbles coming through the petrol cos i am at the other end of the car. there was a bit of a smell though, although that now appears to have stopped.

if there is enough petrol in the tank, and nothing is coming out through gravity, is the pipe blocked?

if so, how do i replace it. can i use copper tube, and how the bugger do i get the old one out, and get the new one in?

is there an easy way of replacing it? its not been used in about 15 years so its probably blocked - i'm tying to look at this as the most likely explanation before i replace my fuel pump.

i really want to get my car going because i'm getting sick of riding my bike in the dark and cold!

please help!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, B and Q only have 8mm wide copper tube, not 6mm. ID is about 7.3mm i think.

is this going to cause problems should i need to replace the main fuel line? where can i get 6mm tube from without having to get it specially made.

also, with the fuel pump off and a spanner on the crank, the push rod doesnt go up or down, its just there at about 13mm.

you can take it out easy enough though, should i be worried about that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts