Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the heater channels are okay and don't need replacing, how much mola would it be to get some heat going in a 73 bug?

I am talking replacement cables, hoses, etc. so a ball park (inc. labour) figure if anyone has had this done.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
300 Posts
my beetle 73' hasnt got any heating system in it so this would be an interesting one, does anyone know where you can actually buy the complete system???? or do you need to beg steal and borrow???

·
Registered
418 Posts
You can get all the cables and hoses from VW Heritage. The on-line catalogue has a picture of all the necessary parts if I remember correctly. Not very expensive for the parts. Labour will cost you but it is not a difficult task to do yourself. That is assuming the channels are ok. If all you need is the cables to get the flaps opening and shutting then not a difficult task.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Had it done recently on a 71, cost around 100 (thats a bit of a guesstimate as we had other stuff done too but it can't be far off).

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Just check your heat exchangers. I once couldn't turn the heating off in my bug, thought it was a snapped cable but no, it was a hole in the flap! Drove round for a whole summer like that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts