Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you spend on fireworks?

I don't actually buy any and i have no intention of doing, but a guy at work has just spent £900 for his 'home display'.

Does anyone else think thats a bit extreme??

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
2manyengines said:
Do you spend on fireworks?

I don't actually buy any and i have no intention of doing, but a guy at work has just spent £900 for his 'home display'.

Does anyone else think thats a bit extreme??
YES!

I always go to pro displays, you get better VFM and the money usually goes to a good cause!

£900 is cock waving!.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
havent bought any for years but I used to spend about £30-40.
We are having a club campover in donny this year and quiet a few of us are going so I will be buying again. hopefully if we all bring a few we should have a good display (also a barbie and some beer!!)
£900 sounds like it would blow your windows out....muppet!

·
Registered
18,968 Posts
I have just spent £125 on my 'display' pack, but i get them wholesale, so retail would be around the 300 mark

I spend that much cos i love fireworks ;) 'specially wockets :incheek: :crazy: :D :D

Anyone that been to my house or one of our infamous Volksmanic do's will be able to testify to my passion for wockets..........................especially if fired from a drainpipe:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also. This guy is 21 with no kids and is having this display at his parents house.

It sounded odd, but they're here in his car and i've been showed as i didn't believe!!

·
Registered
18,968 Posts
2manyengines said:
Also. This guy is 21 with no kids and is having this display at his parents house.

It sounded odd, but they're here in his car and i've been showed as i didn't believe!!
Drop a *** end in his boot see if it's 'worth' the 900 wonga he's just spent!!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
empi pervert said:
I have just spent £125 on my 'display' pack, but i get them wholesale, so retail would be around the 300 mark

I spend that much cos i love fireworks ;) 'specially wockets :incheek: :crazy: :D :D

Anyone that been to my house or one of our infamous Volksmanic do's will be able to testify to my passion for wockets..........................especially if fired from a drainpipe:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think thats a reasonable amount to spend though if your having a bonfire party and such like.

But £900 is more than he gets paid a month!

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I spent about £50 last year I think in tesco's of all places. They were doing 2 for 1 offers on most of their stuff. We had 2 selection boxes of smaller stuff, and a couple of packets of bigger rockets. the display went on lond enough for me to get bored of lighting the things. w00t

This year I'm having a bit of a gathering, so will invite everyone to bring 1 decent firework or rocket with them, then I'll pick up a couple of bigguns and a selection box of 'filler' type fireworks. Should be a good laugh anyway.

Must get building that bonfire though!!

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
2manyengines said:
I'd be terrible at lighting the things.
Me and fire don't mix well at all!!
...or gas fires, or light switches :p :lol:

i think the bloke is bonkers, obviously more money than sense!!

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
Kafer_meister said:
I spent about £50 last year I think in tesco's of all places. They were doing 2 for 1 offers on most of their stuff. We had 2 selection boxes of smaller stuff, and a couple of packets of bigger rockets. the display went on lond enough for me to get bored of lighting the things. w00t

This year I'm having a bit of a gathering, so will invite everyone to bring 1 decent firework or rocket with them, then I'll pick up a couple of bigguns and a selection box of 'filler' type fireworks. Should be a good laugh anyway.

Must get building that bonfire though!!
We need to get some "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH" and "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" practice in before the event :D

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
2manyengines said:
Yeah, but that sounds entirely reasonable to me.

I'd be terrible at lighting the things.
Me and fire don't mix well at all!!
I decided to bin off the stupid lighting thing they supply you with. A blow torch is far more effective! ;)

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
DarrenW said:
We need to get some "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH" and "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" practice in before the event :D
I'll get my ladies to practise ;)

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
£900 :eek:

What a mentalist!

Then again ive never bought i firework, so i guess im a tight git :lol:

We are lucky that we have the regions biggest firework party going on in a field behind our house, so i can sit in the garden and get it all for freeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

They've been doing tests with some of the fireworks this last couple of weeks too, so we've had quite a wicked display going on allready!

Claire

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
emerald said:
...or gas fires, or light switches :p :lol:

i think the bloke is bonkers, obviously more money than sense!!
Oy you :p

This guy is Stoke's version of Screech Powers i dunno how he'll cope lighting them!!

And Kafer_
A BLOWTORCH??
Nutter!!

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
£900??? Wow money to burn obviously! :lol:

I always go to a pro display wherever possible and haven't bought fireworks myself for years. I only need to look out my window at the mo to see lovely fireworks for Diwali Festival of Light :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts