Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to remove the clip that secures the window regulator to the window lifter channel on a 64 Beetle please and how do you refit it?

Link below to the clip

Thanks
As long as the clip is not still inside the channel it should just push of , well mine did.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the moment the whole assembly is still attached to the door. I assumed I would have to free the clip to separate the window and winder before taking the regulator and then window out, is this correct?

·
Registered
425 Posts
At the moment the whole assembly is still attached to the door. I assumed I would have to free the clip to separate the window and winder before taking the regulator and then window out, is this correct?
Been a while since I took mine out, if I remember correctly you need to take all the bolts that hold the winder mechanism out, lower the mechanism and window together until you can slide the winder unit out from the lifter Channel. The clip you showed sits inside a recess on the channel. Hope that makes sense.
An adult will be along in a minute to tell you an easier method but that’s how I managed to get mine out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been a while since I took mine out, if I remember correctly you need to take all the bolts that hold the winder mechanism out, lower the mechanism and window together until you can slide the winder unit out from the lifter Channel. The clip you showed sits inside a recess on the channel. Hope that makes sense.
An adult will be along in a minute to tell you an easier method but that’s how I managed to get mine out.
Thanks for the info. That was exactly what I needed to know.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Leigh is 100% correct. Remove the winder mechs 4 bolts and lower it and the window until the clip slides out from the channel at bottom of the window. Hopefully the boss, at the end of the regulator arm, the clip sits over hasn't rusted away but if all good it's same as 'e' clip or circlip and clips in the groove on the boss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts