Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible? Does anyone have any info or can point me in the right direction? Got an old router off a mate but it's locked to bt and I'm on eclipse.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Can you get in to the set up? Is that the bit that is locked (i.e. you don't know the user name and password). You need to know your routers ip address. To do this go to the start menu and choose 'run', in the window that open type 'ipconfig' and press enter. This will list a load of info including a line that says 'default gateway' with a number after it (e.g. 192.168.0.1). Open up internet explorer and type that number in the address bar (without any www. or similar) and press enter. This is where you enter your username and password. With a bit of luck your router will still have the original / default username and password that a quick google should find you.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys looks like I need to update the firmware and reset the password etc, I just can't get into it to configure I've tried resetting it etc but it still tells me my connection is unsupported.
In it's current state it's only usable with bt broadband.
I finally found out how to do it so if anyone wants to know for future reference just look here
http://www.uk-bug.net/Sections-article10-p1.html
seems simple enough to me ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
i can sort it out for you tomorrow when i come over if you like :D

i can do everything me! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts