Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How and what do I need to fit a 1968 1300cc gearbox and engine into a 1955 beetle???

Can I use the wheels and axles from the 55 in the 68 box????

I've heard conflicting things about this matter and as usual the search engine isn't working on here so I can't search for the answer myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,696 Posts
You need a 60-67 split bus nosecone,fit that onto the 68 box,and the box will then fit your chassis.If you want to fit the 58 axles brakes and rims to your 68 box you can,although you'll have to totally strip the 58 box to retrieve the axles.On the 68 box its not so bad as its a tunnel box not a split case.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rad Dubs and Englishmen said:
You need a 60-67 split bus nosecone,fit that onto the 68 box,and the box will then fit your chassis.If you want to fit the 58 axles brakes and rims to your 68 box you can,although you'll have to totally strip the 58 box to retrieve the axles.On the 68 box its not so bad as its a tunnel box not a split case.
Are those nosecones easy to come by?? Where can I get one from?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rad Dubs and Englishmen said:
Top man, yahoo and msn search engines wasn't showing it. :D

I'm currently breaking the 68, whats the best thing to drop the engine on to after I remove it from the car. Is it ok to sit on a wooden pallet or something similar???

Any thing I should do before removing it from the chassis (already split the body and pan ;) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts