1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Daughter came home today from school with a letter and a permission slip for

wait for it

wait for it

Permission to make a birdfeeder !!!!!!!! If your child has known nut allergies please inform us on the permission slip. WTF !! When i was at school it was permission to go on field trip, permission to go on skiing trip (not that i ever got the chance to go) but permission to make a bird feeder??? i mean come on?
Plus how many over 25's had someone at school with a nut allergy?? when did evolution decide it was time to make humans allergic to nuts?

·
Registered
208 Posts
My Daughter came home today from school with a letter and a permission slip for

wait for it

wait for it

Permission to make a birdfeeder !!!!!!!! If your child has known nut allergies please inform us on the permission slip. WTF !! When i was at school it was permission to go on field trip, permission to go on skiing trip (not that i ever got the chance to go) but permission to make a bird feeder??? i mean come on?
Plus how many over 25's had someone at school with a nut allergy?? when did evolution decide it was time to make humans allergic to nuts?
I've heard it all now.... getting beyond now....:eek:....

got it sooooo wrong in this country havnt they....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
were they asking your permission for her to make one if she DID have a nut allergy?

Or were they just asking that any students with a nut allergy informed the school before allowing them to do something that could potentially kill them?

I can sorta see where you're coming from, but I get their view too.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
i would imagine if you have a serious allergy like that the school would probably already know. i imagine you can't get through the first day at school without them knowing all that about you these days. in my day all they needed to know was if you turned up or not.

·
Banned
25,011 Posts
Agree completely that nut-allergies SEEM to be the trendy one to have at the mo.
I don't recall anyone from childhood having or speaking about nut allergies eeeever.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
this is how its worded

Childs name ....................... class........................
I do/do not give my child permission to make bird feeders during ECO club on Thursday 11th December

( ) My child does not have any known nut allergies
( ) My child has a nut allergy

Signed.............
Ahhh.

So someone's lost the nut allergy information records and they're doing a permission slip to mask it..

Clever. :incheek:

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The other thing that made me laugh the other day, she bought a book home and a help sheet, what she had to do was read the book to us and then we had to ask her things about the book asking if things were fact or fiction. On the same letter was the details of the school nativity :lol::lol::lol: fact or fiction ?

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Ahhh.

So someone's lost the nut allergy information records and they're doing a permission slip to mask it..

Clever. :incheek:
oooh you're clever ;)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
14,361 Posts
Our daughters school sent a letter in the summer stating that we must apply sun cream to her before she came to school as teachers where noy allowed to apply it in school.:confused:

she is twelve and attends a school for children with severe to moderate learning difficulties from age 4 to 19, some of the children are totally dependant and need full time care.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts