Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told him that he couldn't come in, and shut the door on him.

I don't have a TV.

Why these people think it's acceptable to send threatening letters every month telling me that if I have a TV, and don't have a TV, I could be risking a £1000 fine is beyond me, and telling me to write to them or phone them to 'confirm' I don't have one is beyond me. Even if I do 'confirm', they want to send someone round to 'check'.

I am not committing any offence. I do not have a TV, therefore I don't need a licence. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I do not feel that I should have to tell anyone that I'm not committing an offence. I don't have a gun licence, as I don't have a gun, and no-one sends me threatening letters and sends round people just to check up.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I do hope he comes back with a warrant. I'd love to see the look on his face when he looks round the house and finds nothing....

Rant over...

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
Two of my friends have no TV's and get constant harassment from the TV licensing, even though they have told them over and over again that thy have no TV. One reported them to the police for harassment.

Its a joke. They don't seem to believe that someone can't possibly not have a TV.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Fair play to ya mate, stick to your guns. Would love to be there with a couple of cloths to wipe that egg off their faces if they do come back with a warrant :D
I suppose they just assume that everyone has a TV and therefore should have a license, but if you have told them you dont have one, that should be enough really.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stark said:
Fair play to ya mate, stick to your guns. Would love to be there with a couple of cloths to wipe that egg off their faces if they do come back with a warrant :D
I suppose they just assume that everyone has a TV and therefore should have a license, but if you have told them you dont have one, that should be enough really.
It should be like that, shouldn't it? However, they don't work like that. Even if you do tell them you don't have one, they still want to come over and 'check' :mad:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
girlofleisure said:
That boils my piss!! It's an outrage!! A TRAVESTY!! I can't believe youn haven't got a TV!!

Whip round for Rhodrich?!! :incheek: :D
If there was anything on TV that was worth watching, I'd buy one :incheek:

Now that you can get the previous week's episode of Top Gear from their website, there's not even that excuse.

Besides, I don't know when anyone ever gets the time to watch TV. There's always so much other fun stuff to do!

·
Registered
34,510 Posts
Rhodrich said:
If there was anything on TV that was worth watching, I'd buy one :incheek:
Lost.

Thats the only programme worth watching.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,678 Posts
I envy people without TV, £51 a month for Sky, plus whatever the TV licence is these days, thats about £750 a year for the privelidge of owning a glass box and watching endless repeats. I'm a muso, if I had £750 a year to spend on CDs I'd be well happy, but no the female of the house considers CD's 'to be a waste of hard earned money', yet £750 a year to find out about Billy and Honey's baby is great value.

·
Registered
34,510 Posts
clarkson said:
I envy people without TV, £51 a month for Sky, plus whatever the TV licence is these days, thats about £750 a year for the privelidge of owning a glass box and watching endless repeats. I'm a muso, if I had £750 a year to spend on CDs I'd be well happy, but no the female of the house considers CD's 'to be a waste of hard earned money', yet £750 a year to find out about Billy and Honey's baby is great value.
I find the money is a small price to pay for peace and quiet.

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Rhod -

Beware. If you see a van with a spinning roofrack parked outside, they're after you! :tick:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
i had this problem when i first got my house, there was post here before i had moved in saying i needed to get a tv licence. i hate tv, barely anything to watch and you have to pay for the privilage of watching the bbc, as the other channels have adverts. my housemate got one for the house so he could watch the simpsons. an ozzy bloke was loading my truck the other day and was in stitches when he heard we had to pay for a tv licence, he simply didnt believe it

the tv licence authority have barely any powers at all, if they trun up again, tell them you will have them for trespassing on your property

·
Banned
597 Posts
I do not envy people with ski digital, I simply have everything on download :p

For instance, from monday, I can download the "END" of series 3 of lost. Apparently (Thank you American Servers)!!

·
Saddest VZi'er 2016
11,485 Posts
Apparently if you only use a TV to watch DVD's or if you have a TV in the house that is capable of recieving a signal you need to pay for a licence :|

Is that true?

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
Go to curries or somewhere and get a hold of a clearly marked TV box - ideally a huge TV so it's a huge box with SONY HD TV written all over it. Then, whenever they call round put it in plain view - open the door and tell them, truthfully, that you don't own a TV.

It'll drive them bonkers and even if they do get a warrant you really don't have a TV.

Tyzer said:
Apparently if you only use a TV to watch DVD's or if you have a TV in the house that is capable of recieving a signal you need to pay for a licence :|

Is that true?
No, there are exemptions though you have to tell them.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts