Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..I need to put a set of new boots on my aircooled T25 Westy. Have looked at the whiteband tyres JK have (I want to keep the steel rims, painted or coated cream), any clues as to what brand thay are or in they are any good? Failing that i'll go see my local tyre guys (Fakenham tyres who are pretty good) andand order the best recommended by the good folk here on VZ! If i can't get whitebands, then I suppose tyre flaps may almost give the look I want (But too much white for the style I want) what do you think?....... My bus is pretty standard with a strong retro feel and is Assuan Brown (Mmm!)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'man guys, someone out ther must have put some stock hoops on their bus recently, what's good or shall I just send JK £260?
Are there any other thin white band tyres about. Has anyone used tyre flaps? but too much white for me but if no option, also how about that ad in the back of Volksworld for tyre bands - look like those dodgy 70's stick on raised white letters :rolleyes: that 'custom' motors ran (usually a Viva!)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
You can get any tyres painted with a whiteband. I would use that option to get the exact size and tread I wanted.

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
DarrenW said:
Not ALL tyre threads are dull. Just mention that you're intending to stretch them over some wider-than-usual wheels and watch the interest level SOAR! :D
are they dangerous? :incheek:

·
I really must get out more
6,153 Posts
Stretching tyres is cool. Look - even Stephenson did it on his 'Rocket' Thes babies have almost no sidewall. :lol:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Karmann Konnection sell white walls and I believe it is Bay Area Rods that offer the service of sanding and painting tyres to make white walls.

But i have no idea of quality on either!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Guys!
Sorry I dropped out of the thread for a while..my computer has that ba*****d HELP.EXE trojan that brings the old crate to a grinding halt!!. :mad: Well, if no-one on here has bought either JK or karmanns tyres then I'll give them a miss and go for standard hoops from a good brand. What do you bus types have on yours? (standard stuff please)
Our blind-bought T25 turned out to be such a good stocker that we don't want to mess or modify it much now, rather stay standardish but with the odd cosmetic twist. Still chuffed we got a pic in Camper and Bus, even if we don't work for the tosserish outfit that we put the promo pic in for now....
-Bunch of knuts- :moon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts