1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Then there's the impact pets can have on wildlife. Keep your cat indoors at night when it is likely to hunt.

Chilli would howl the house down if he couldn't get out at night and even then he just keeps the rodent population at bay!

What a load of tripe. :lol:

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
i was thinking maybe we should put each type of animal in a cage so it cant eat other animals as it has to much impact on the enviroment :rolleyes:

pets are like any other animal, hunting is what they do, if they wernt pets they`d be wild cats hunting :confused:

heaven forbid a rabbit shitting near a river we`ll all be dead in weeks, thin out there numbers ned :lol:

·
Holy Calamity
67,046 Posts
All of which means the best solution is not to let dogs or cats defecate where the poop can get into the drains. If you're a dog owner, you'll already know to bag it and bin it, but how about using biodegradable dog poop bags, made from corn starch, (biobags.co.uk) as a green alternative?
Umm, those "green alternative" bags deliver themselves all the way from the shop in Scotland in a 100% environmentally friendly way, do they? Or do they travel down in a big Royal Mail lorry/train that belches diseasel fumes everywhere :lol:

·
Holy Calamity
67,046 Posts
Finally, keep your cat entertained: this reduces that nasty instinct for recreational killing.
Yeah, sit it down in front of your telly to watch Eastenders. Assuming, of course, that your telly is powered solely by the small wind turbine in your back garden that you built without any electricity and from 100% recycled parts :lol:

·
Holy Calamity
67,046 Posts
Keepers of exotic pets should be aware of the damage to native species that accidental releases have caused.
When I was staying over at Sammy Jos the other week, I had a bit of an "accidental release" to be honest. I had spicy food the night before (sorry Sammy!). Her Parrot DID look a bit put out by it. I guess that's what it means, environmental pollution and stuff.

·
Holy Calamity
67,046 Posts
girlofleisure said:
You're systematically tearing this article apart D and very amusingly to boot. I think we should send the thread link to The Guardian editor. :D
I'd carry on but I'm bored now. It's too easy :lol: I might search the website for an "OMG 4x4z ARE KILLING TEH PLANET W3'R3 d000m3D BUSES 4 TEH WINz0rZ" article.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Speaking as a person who has a cat 'problem' they are dirty horrible creatures !!!!!

/me waits to be slagged off.

For 1 - I dont appreciate all the shit in my garden, neither does my 8 year old son who plays in the garden, no matter what ive tried, eggshells, citrus fruit peel etc they still come back and shit everywhere, just burying it below the surface so its not seen until its too late.

2nd - Being woken up nearly every night by cats fighting/shaggin or whatever they get up to.

3rd - Who do I get to pay to have all the scratches removed from my vehical, paw prints and sratches all over it from cats ??????

Sorry but dogs are easyilly cleaned up after, they arnt left to roam the streets shitting in other peoples gardens and waking people up every night, I have gates and fences but cats just climb then.

I DONT have any pets due to my sons allergies so why should I have to put up with other peoples ?????????

RESPONSIBLE pet owners IMHO should either clean up after there pets or keep them on there own property, put a collar and lead on a cat, why the hell not, would love to see the woman up the road have her 7 cats, YES 7 of then permanently tied up, then see how long they last !!!!!!!!

Sorry but some of us try to keep our children safe and free from diseases & most cats DONT shit in there own gardens, yes they 'spray' them to mark them BUT dont shit there !!!!!

Dogs get lots of crap but cats are by far worse yet are accepted !!!!!!!!

Rant over for the day ;)

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gr1m said:
Speaking as a person who has a cat 'problem' they are dirty horrible creatures !!!!!

/me waits to be slagged off.

For 1 - I dont appreciate all the shit in my garden, neither does my 8 year old son who plays in the garden, no matter what ive tried, eggshells, citrus fruit peel etc they still come back and shit everywhere, just burying it below the surface so its not seen until its too late.

2nd - Being woken up nearly every night by cats fighting/shaggin or whatever they get up to.

3rd - Who do I get to pay to have all the scratches removed from my vehical, paw prints and sratches all over it from cats ??????

Sorry but dogs are easyilly cleaned up after, they arnt left to roam the streets shitting in other peoples gardens and waking people up every night, I have gates and fences but cats just climb then.

I DONT have any pets due to my sons allergies so why should I have to put up with other peoples ?????????

RESPONSIBLE pet owners IMHO should either clean up after there pets or keep them on there own property, put a collar and lead on a cat, why the hell not, would love to see the woman up the road have her 7 cats, YES 7 of then permanently tied up, then see how long they last !!!!!!!!

Sorry but some of us try to keep our children safe and free from diseases & most cats DONT shit in there own gardens, yes they 'spray' them to mark them BUT dont shit there !!!!!

Dogs get lots of crap but cats are by far worse yet are accepted !!!!!!!!

Rant over for the day ;)

Next you'll be moaning about bird shit, cow shit and horse shit ;)

Animals need to poo somewhere!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
The Weatherman said:
Next you'll be moaning about bird shit, cow shit and horse shit ;)

Animals need to poo somewhere!
Birds are WILD animals nothing can be done bout that, cows and horses pretty much the same.

DOMESTIC pets are a different story.

Sorry but I value my childs health.

If you go out on a night arround here, look up or down the road you can spot 20 - 30 cats on any given night, WOULD we put up with this if it was Dogs running about shitting in everyones gardens in this way ????

I think not !!!

·
Holy Calamity
67,046 Posts
Gr1m said:
Sorry but I value my childs health.
Soil isn't exactly healthy, nourishing food anyway for kids, regardless of cat content or not. All that rotting eggshell and orange peel ain't gonna do them much good either :lol:

Gr1m said:
If you go out on a night arround here, look up or down the road you can spot 20 - 30 cats on any given night,
WHOAH! Where do YOU live? THIRTY CATS? In CLEAR VIEW? Does Officer Dibble do patrols round there?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you tell the police to clear up after their horses shit on the street?

·
Holy Calamity
67,046 Posts
Anyway.

http://environment.guardian.co.uk/travel/story/0,,1875397,00.html

Aside from the need to recharge, which can take some time, critics say electric cars are difficult because they just shift the source of pollution back to the electricity generating plant. But Tesla plans to deal with this by selling solar panels for your house with its cars, so you can offset your consumption that way.
Solar panels. Hmm. Absolutely no dangerous chemicals/energy intensive processes involved in the manufacture of those then. Phew, the planet is safe now. :lol:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts