Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
old and boring topic, but I need a new phone.

I have no idea what is out there, and i'm open to suggestions.
I don't need all-singing all dancing, just bluetoof, camera of fairly good quality, mp3 player (not of massive memory).

good internet, preferably that looks like the real internet rather than silly WAP.

i had a motorola and didn't like it so took it back. i have a SE W810i and don't really want another SE as this one is 18 months old and it still makes me cross.

i'd like a nokia but i don't know what they have out at the moment that is any good. i liked the old skool menu system, but have seen my boss' nokia flip phone and it was a nightmare to use. i hate it!

oh and i don't want to pay £250 for it :D

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats great ^^^ compact, stylish. bet none of my mates will have that one yet. is it on Orange?

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we have a phone like that in security at work. i call it the batphone. i think it is the emergency first aid phone.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
270 Posts
this is my first thought as EVERYONE has them - but i've still not tried one!

not sure i like having to open the keypad to type though. i'm used to just typing with one hand while not looking and pretending to be working/listening.
I can still type on it with one hand! The advantage of that design is that it means you get a bigger screen with not too a big phone. The bigger the screen, the easier it is to use the net, see the photos you are taking/have taken and you get more text in messages! If you have all the buttons beneath without it being a slide one, then you either get a smaller screen or the phone is bigger!

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can still type on it with one hand! The advantage of that design is that it means you get a bigger screen with not too a big phone. The bigger the screen, the easier it is to use the net, see the photos you are taking/have taken and you get more text in messages! If you have all the buttons beneath without it being a slide one, then you either get a smaller screen or the phone is bigger!
how easy is it to activate the camera? i just want it to spring into action with the press of a button and then to take the picture without fannying around.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
2 hour talk time and 1 day standby!!! WTF! at least its honest....

·
Registered
270 Posts
how easy is it to activate the camera? i just want it to spring into action with the press of a button and then to take the picture without fannying around.
You just open the cover at the back and it automatically starts up the camera, then you just push the button on the side to take the pic!

·
Registered
270 Posts
2 hour talk time and 1 hour standby!!! WTF! at least its honest....
Well, the battery isn't great, but 1 hour standby certainly isn't right! :lol: If you use the net, then it drains it a fair bit. I charged mine up yesterday morning and haven't spoke on it much and there is 5 out of 6 or 7 bars left for the battery.

·
Superhero
5,652 Posts
i got nokia n95 8gb on sat. Its ace. Typing this on it now using wifi. Can also browse using mobile network. Loads of functions. Brilliant camera.
Cost £99 on my £35 tarrif with o2 .

Touch screen with stylus would be nice but other functions far outweigh that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts