Volkszone Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....because I actively sought out Quorn today.

I've always been a fully paid up member of the Carnivorous breed vehemently defending my right to eat dead animals....that hasn't changed...yet. :eek: But for some unknkown reason it just doesn't excite me as it once did. Don't get me wrong, I love a blue fillet as much as the next man, or I did, I don't know now.

I haven't conciously made any decisions to go veggie or owt, the thought scares me a bit if I'm honest but I do fancy cutting back a bit.

So tell me about this Quorn then. Tasty? Satisfying?.....I'm guessing not. :crazy:

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Bloody nasty shit its all ban the wale and save the bome(cant think how to spell an explosive divice)....... shit you will be driving a 2cv b4 u know it if you eat that stuff

Funny though i have got some chickins at my drum and can i fuck kill one to eat :D

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I tried quorn, I didn't like it, and it really didn't like me :(, had a belly ache like you'd not believe.

made of fungus of some sort isn't it?, a close relative of mushrooms :)

Also... you think? ;)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Quorn is great but I prefer soya- jjust treat it like mince meat, lasagne, bolognese (sorry can't spell) enchilada's, chilli!!! Quor you have to marinate for a while if you want it to absorb flavours :) I love it all. Its healthier than meet - but thats a whole other argument.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Hey chick, that's the way it starts & before u know it u'll end up veggie, worst even vegan like me! When I ate Quorn I thought it tasted lovely and u can have it in any shape and form like mince pieces and roast. U know where I am if u need more infos about it :incheek:

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Advise from other vegies ... thats all you need :incheek:

Get a raw dead animal down yer neck , that will get you back on trac :D

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SunflowerSoph said:
Hey chick, that's the way it starts & before u know it u'll end up veggie, worst even vegan like me! When I ate Quorn I thought it tasted lovely and u can have it in any shape and form like mince pieces and roast. U know where I am if u need more infos about it :incheek:
FUCKIN HELL MATE!! WHAT YOU DOING IN HERE?!!!!! :lol: :D

·
Saddest VZi'er 2019
6,771 Posts
Ayup GOL! :hug:
I was veggie for 17yrs until last yr, now I do have the odd meaty thing here and there if I know it's not a cow that's been fed with dried mushed up cow brains. Which lots of cows are. :(
The thing about Quorn is that most people who try it, for some unknown reason expect it to taste like meat! It isn't meat, so why should it taste like it?!!! My sister in law's 1st words after a mouthful of it was "Eeergh! This tastes nothing like chicken!!!" All I could do was ask her if the mushrooms she had tasted like chicken too, because they were about as much like chicken as quorn is.
It doesn't taste of anything unless you marinate it, or cook it alongside something else, so there isn't a lot to dislike. :)

Just eat what you like, a bit of meaty stuff here, a bit of veggie stuff there. Cutting down a bit on red meat might be healthier too. :)
:hug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.