Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i walked up snowdon yesterday, i got very wet but it was good, when i got home i slept for 12 hours and im sore today, has anyone else done it or any other good walks? :hangloose

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have ridden up Snowdon on my mountain bike in a snow storm in January. It was harsh but coming back down was so much fun :D

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Which path did you use?

I have walked up Snowden - some where in the region of 90 times :) in all weathers and winds and routes. The 3,000 peaks race starts from there, sometimes from Pen y Pass and so I have run up it as well.

Anyhow well done - now have a go at walking up the other side - The Gyders - or go to the nant Francon pass and walk up Tryfan - and try not to use your hands :D

Just enjoy the air and the wildness

·
Registered
107 Posts
BIG PAWS said:
hi guys, i walked up snowdon yesterday, i got very wet but it was good, when i got home i slept for 12 hours and im sore today, has anyone else done it or any other good walks? :hangloose
Excellent! Uphill takes some serious effort! Did it take long?

Good walks? I did John O Groats to Lands End via Ireland as part of a relay last year! That was quite a good walk!!! :incheek:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
we did snowdon, it was great fun.
even more fun when we got the cafe at the top in torrential weather, and there were loads of tracksuits and stilettos in there....and the train had been stopped due to the weather!!
never did find out whether they got home that night :D

try the lakes next...scafell is a sweetie ;)

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
Did the Watkins Path last year.
It's a nice view when you're at the top.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yer it was good, took us about 2 and half hours and about 2 going down, cant wait to go again :hangloose

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
I walked through the gate onto the path to Ben Nevis....up and down it....drove to Scafell Pike....up and down it.....drove to Snowdon up and down it.....in a total of 23 hours 37 minutes :D

And we got stuck in traffic

I ached for days !!!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
superb, i can believe it, when we set off yesterday it was nice and at the top the rain was that heavy it felt like little stones, and the wind and fog was unreal.

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
A mate wanted to do the three peaks for his stag weekend.

I told him to fuck off :) .

1 - 20 of 38 Posts