Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Shamon You Mutha Funker
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Wrote of the Polo of doom last night!!

Im ok, craked sturnum and a few ribs, and bruises etc etc.

i was on a nice clear straight heading home, and there was a Ford Ranger infront of me doing 30 on a 60mph road, so naturally i decided to overtake him, i was doing about 60, im half way through my manuver, when the berk decides to indicate right and turn immediately after indicating, not even looking in his mirror, so of course i slam into him directly sideways on at 60mph!
Spin his ranger competely round and manage to turn the Polo over onto its side!!
We all climbed out etc, walked away!!
Im suprised how soft my air bag was!
Ive got a small bruise on my nose from it!

Just pissed of more than anything, but at least my daughter and wife wasnt in the car with me, and that i walked away!

The left side of the car is considerably shorter than the right side!
And the bonnet is now at the same height as the roof!!

ill post pics when i get them emailed to me (father in law took one when it was on the back of the flat bed, its not a great pic as it was really dark!)

Main thing is im ok!

so now im looking for a new car, gonna stick with vw's for sure as i know they are safe ( first hand crash testing!) and i reckon its gonna be a family orientated mk 3 golf or such like, gti of course though! ;)
Anyone knows of one for sale ( 5 door only ) drop me a line!

·
Shamon You Mutha Funker
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M-A-D said:
:eek:

At least you're not too badly hurt.

:hug:
True, i was very very lucky, it looked like it could have been so much worse!

I even went into work this morning!
I sent myself home to go to a&e when iwas in so much pain i couldnt really breathe properly!

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
I like how your post progresses so quickly! "Nearly died today... what car shall I get now?" :D

Glad you're ok. :hangloose

·
25 character limit is cra
6,631 Posts
SPERMBANK said:
ive got to think positivley about it (trust me its hard too!)
You're positive you won't overtake where someone else can turn right again? ;)

Glad you're ok. How's the driver of the other car? Other than shocked! Guess he didn't see you at all?

·
Shamon You Mutha Funker
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tomarse said:
I like how your post progresses so quickly! "Nearly died today... what car shall I get now?" :D

Glad you're ok. :hangloose
I need one for work, and ferrying family round!

I need to occupy my mind too, otherwise i may feel bad!

·
Shamon You Mutha Funker
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
garethj said:
You're positive you won't overtake where someone else can turn right again? ;)

Glad you're ok. How's the driver of the other car? Other than shocked! Guess he didn't see you at all?
The funny thing was, it wasnt even a junction they turned right into, it was a track entrance, and i had no idea that it was there until sunday! And i drive that road every day!

There were 2 guys in the Ranger, and they were fine, apart from obilgatory bruises/shock.
The ranger didnt really have that much damage to the eye (but the wheel was at a funny angle, a driveshaft was hanging down, and the undertray and exhaust were touching the griund.)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
:eek: So sorry to hear that. :( The main thing is you and the other driver are both OK. :hug:

Perhaps you should give the next car a more positive name! :lol:

:hug:

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
similiar happened to me white van drivin slowish went overtake and he flicked his indicator on to turn right into what was a dirt track...

i manged to stop in time......

we were on the bikes .....

my mate didnt have time to stop........

slammed into the back of me......

bounced down the road...

2 written off bikes....

the old guy in the van says afterwards " didnt see you and i was lookin for somewhere to stop as i am a little bit tired".......

gee thanks mister.....

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
that is shit.... but what a fuckwit that turned like that

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
At least you made a proper job out of it! :incheek:

Seriously though, glad you're ok :hug:

·
Shamon You Mutha Funker
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the vyxster said:
At least you made a proper job out of it! :incheek:

Seriously though, glad you're ok :hug:
It deosnt look that bad to me now, because i know i climbed out of it, but if i saw that i would at least thought that the occupant walked out with more than a few bruises etc!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts