Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heard its been doen before with big valves and a engle FK series cam

was woundering what performance i would get if i put 48's on mine (pritty hot 1641, no shortcuts taken) if i jetted them wright?

cheerz :hangloose

·
Registered
527 Posts
Tony Royston at Migrogiant ran a 13 something with a 1641 quite a few years ago. That had a mental cam in it and a stock crank. They just reved the hell out of it and hoped the crank didn't snap. That was a strip car though not a street car. Not sure if it used IDA's though.

I'd say it was overkill but hey if you wanna do something different and you can make it work then go for it!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Would be possible with f8ck off big heads and wild cam , as previously posted. But even then it would be total over kill and the engine wouldn't be streetable. I think the max you would really would want to go to is Dell 45's and preferably 40's . have to remeber the bigger the carb the more top end power you'll get and the smaller the choke the more down low power/torque you get. SO it's a comprise between top end and low down power and something like 40's satisfies boththose needs really well.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
DeanoVW said:
John Maher did one a few years ago. I understand it was a bitch to set up.
that was a 1679cc with machine fit 88mm pistons very old skool.
i fitted a ranchobox into that car when i worked at the local vw shack.
sounded nice ticked over a wee bit high reeked of petrol twas nippy . the boss gave it a test. he said it drove like a bitch all top end. my 1776 at the time however was loverly to drive probably simalr power output.
ps why spend a grand on carbs just fit so,me 40dells and spend more on more cc you will end up with a better combo.
pps if you want mad go for a 1600cc with 11.1-1 cr ida mad cam and a shot of Nos the 1600 c c pistons have thicker walls and will take more hammer.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheerz for al that guys

decided im gona built a 2007 now anyway lol

least i can put ida's on that but ill look into it when i get there

dell 45's would be nice

heard of loads of NOS ones lying around somewhere ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts