Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...what sort of things would you include in it and why?

It can be anything and I mean ANYTHING! As weird or as wacky as you like.

I understand saying you can have anything you like no matter how weird or wacky on VZi is like opening the floodgates - so don't worry about it and don't hold back! ;)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,331 Posts
Personally the big thing I would include would a built in Fan unit and some form of Ceramic heating element to give the heating a helping hand.
Im waiting for the "but if its all fitted correctly the standard heating should work"

Well Ive never had one thats worked yet, and anyway the Fasty is running J tubes cos replacement exchangers are a bit thin on the ground.

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
front fog lights

reversing lights!

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
Do you mean simplicity as in the layout of switches and warning lights?

I'll agree that is very simple, although the rat's nest that's usually behind it is anything but simple IMHO!
Switch and lamp ayout is fine, but yeah if the dash wiring (71 bay) was neater I wouldn't complain.

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Run everything off leisure battery except for starter / ignition.

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally the big thing I would include would a built in Fan unit and some form of Ceramic heating element to give the heating a helping hand.
Im waiting for the "but if its all fitted correctly the standard heating should work"

Well Ive never had one thats worked yet, and anyway the Fasty is running J tubes cos replacement exchangers are a bit thin on the ground.
I am working on something like this - watch this space :)

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
central locking would be lovely. :D

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
Interesting that simplicity is the watchword - I'd love to see more simplicity in my wiring loom, but then my dub is a T4 and it's a bloody birds nest of a mess back there :(

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
modern fuse box
OH YES!

I know Clarkson says he likes his standard fuses but I've had no end of hassle with them - the aging of the contacts, the bloody things breaking off etc etc.

The first thing I do on a rewire is remove the stock fuse box and replace it with a blade fuse box.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I'd go for an uprated headlight circuit so better lighting can be installed and a power spur at the rear for additional accessories.

Moving to fusebox would be a bonus, it kills my back trying to get under the dash so I've got it hanging down further now so I can get to it, it also stops the water dripping on it that leaks in :lol: What about also changing over to blade style fuses would be easier for my fat fingers to handle

Other than that, it seems to have pretty much everything covered. Maybe some provision for better/more reliable earths?

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
Run everything off leisure battery except for starter / ignition.
Pretty much how I'm doing mine - but to do it I'm having to run patches through the factory loom and it's sub-optimal in the "tidy" department, purely because the rest of the loom is such a sealed box and cable spaghetti.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts