Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in 20 mins time myself and our neighbours are going to be controlling the pelican crossing,in a bid for the Council to take notice of us and try and get tham to honour their promise of rear access and parking which they took away in March.We have nowhere to park and despite their reassurrances they would help us thus far nothing has been done.
So wish us luck

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
make sure you tell the local press or it may go unnoticed, good luck

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,672 Posts
Which crossing? Would this be the same council that refuse to find my family a permanant home, but are quite happy to house people from Poland?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got moved on by Police but did manage to get on local radio after causing traffic congestion and did and interview, :D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,672 Posts
Which local radio, Pirate, Cornwall or Atlantic. I'll listen out for it. Why not try a protest at the Council offices in Camborne, you are more likely to get more support there, as closing a road is likely to just piss off people. I sympathise with you completely, our local councils are a bunch of bastards, they only seem to be interested in rich people with second homes and tourists, not the actual people that pay and vote for their existence. Is it Kerrier or the County Council you are fighting.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
clarkson said:
Which local radio, Pirate, Cornwall or Atlantic. I'll listen out for it. Why not try a protest at the Council offices in Camborne, you are more likely to get more support there, as closing a road is likely to just piss off people. I sympathise with you completely, our local councils are a bunch of bastards, they only seem to be interested in rich people with second homes and tourists, not the actual people that pay and vote for their existence. Is it Kerrier or the County Council you are fighting.
Kerrier the biggest bunch of bandits I've ever met.
We have picketed their offices but no one came out we've handed in a petition with over 600 signatures we've been on Local t.v., appear in the West Briton at least fortnightly, and still they will not arrange or sort out meetings which were promised since 1st March.Have lodged an official which they didn't respond to in the time limit, so it's been sent to Government Ombudsman.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
Someone only needs to have an 'accident' because of their incompetence and then all hell will break loose.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Pyro said:
Someone only needs to have an 'accident' because of their incompetence and then all hell will break loose.
It would be a shame if an 'accident' happened :incheek:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pyro said:
Since we have had no where to park apart from the front of our houses we have had 5 wing mirrors knocked off, 2 cars spryed with paint, 7 scratched with keys or something similar and one of our residents parked cars was hit from behind causing nearly £4000 worth of damage and still the Council sit back and do nothing, apart from try to placate us with promises of meetings or new plans.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just done another Radio Interview for Atlantic Fm as well as Pirate fm this morning

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good for you bud thats all I can say, I always support people when they take action!
Best of luck, it's a pity that more 'citizens' don't stand up and make themselves heard! :hangloose

·
Registered
11,045 Posts
Woohoo go for it again! Handcuff yourselves to the all the cars in the council office car parks :D

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
madhouse said:
good luck!

aren't kerrier (and others) trying to get everyone to vote for one council for cornwall? was home over the weekend and my sister gave me the info on it.
sure are

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alxx_b said:
Woohoo go for it again! Handcuff yourselves to the all the cars in the council office car parks :D
Did blockade the Council car park, but the main man we wanted to speak to got there early (I think we've an informer inthe camp)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts