Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new p.c with a freeveiw card thingy in it, everything is fine but...............i carnt pick up channels itv1/channel 4 or channel 5 ? does anyone know why? or how i an remedey this? i have retuned everything/reset stuff, scanned and searched but they dont appear?
do i take it i carnt get em?
its odd cos its only coming though my aeriel, which when i had a t.v plugged into it worked perfectley fine?
i didnt realised i bought bought a "bbc" only freeveiw card! (no i didnt im being sarky!)
please help :(

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
was your telly an ordinary one (non digital) I had a similar problem the old aerial worked fine with the old analogue tv but wouldn't pick up the digital signal for the freeview card, ring a local aerial installer and ask?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all the other channels on the p.c work fine? im just not picking itv/4/5 (its picked up 45 other ones, that i dont want to watch....cooking/house renovation/wildlife!!!! wtf) up so i dont think it would be the aeriel would it? i was hoping somone would say, yeah you just need to ........
bummer

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thankyou very much for you help, i will look into it :hangloose

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
computers great when they work , just something expensive to dust when they dont !! :D :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
I had a new free view bow a few weeks ago. When I tuned it in the BBC channels where at the front and the ITV,Channel 4 and 5 where at the back right at the back past the radio channels took 2 days to find them :D . You could do with a booster for the arial I use one.

·
Registered
19,789 Posts
Get a bigger aerial. I have the same problem here. BBC is great but I lose itv chan4 and chan5 when the weather gets crappy. I need a bigger better digital aerial too.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
go back to where you got it from they wint argue with you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts