Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since the front stub axle sheered off, followed by the wheel falling off its scared the crap outta me! ive repaired all the damage but ever since i just don't feel as safe as i did in it before and i don't like it :( im paranoid about every little noise and anything that doesnt feel quite right! need a new MOT or something to reinstate my confidence in her!

some photos of the van in question for you!

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
You could have a million MOT's and they wouldnt spot a doddgy stub axle.

You were very unlucky but you need to just put it behind you and fall back in love with your bus. that or sell it and get another.

Basicaly

GET OVER IT

I wouldn't make a very good pyciatsict would i hehe

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha it isnt that bad, ive only been driving 6 months aswell which i think has to count towards my paranoia... i still drive it, just something doesnt feel the same, its quite hard to describe really! its getting garaged for the winter soon and the bug is coming out to play for a bit so hopefully come march time ill have my confidence back in her!

·
Registered
17,102 Posts
Jameezzzz said:
...ive repaired all the damage... ...im paranoid about every little noise...
That's the beauty of working on your own vehicle, you get to worry about every squeak and rattle! :crazy: :D

cheers,
type3

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
I'd have the bugger exercised. The best way to chase a demon out of that van is hot-boxing it with 3 or 4 naked women. If THAT doesn't work...who cares!

Shane

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
If you're not happy with the bus, then take it to a reputable VW garage and explain what's happened and get them to do a thorough check of all the mechanical components.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
da' Fandango said:
If you're not happy with the bus, then take it to a reputable VW garage and explain what's happened and get them to do a thorough check of all the mechanical components.
aye would be a good idea, but its just money... any spare cash goes on petrol... its a downward spiral! :lol:

·
I'm special
3,222 Posts
I kind of know how you feel. A few years ago I had an engine fire in my beetle, luckily I wasn't in it at the time but it really shook me up and even now if I get a whiff of burning or a strange smell when I'm driving either the camper or my latest beetle I really panic. I have pulled over a number of times, fire extinguisher in hand! I have found that maybe going on a few trips on slower roads where I know I can get off quick has helped. My bottom still tightens considerably on the motorway tho... :D

Larry is right - maybe take it somewhere reputable and get it checked over just to give you peace of mind. :)

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
shane r said:
I'd have the bugger exercised. The best way to chase a demon out of that van is hot-boxing it with 3 or 4 naked women. If THAT doesn't work...who cares!

Shane
It's strange - I'd never have considered this before yet now it's a top fantasy.

G

·
as long as you look after the van it will look after you. and also it cant be as bad as a cambelt snapin at 130mph trust me :crazy: that make you nip up :moon:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I really love our bus, however have only ever driven it locally and haven't been on Aa motorway since we moved to Cornwall 9 1/2 years ago. However Since Andy got assaulted 6 weeks agao and suffered broken tibia and ankle I have had to drive out of necessity
1) Did Vanfest in a convoy and everyone was really good let me go near the end. etc.
2) Drove my friend and 2 16 year olds up to Milton Keynes to see Robbie some 293 miles each way and when we got back onto A30 had a blow out but once repaired carried on driving. Things happen to modern cars as well as Vans and Bugs just take the bull by the horns and go for it :hug:

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
Nice bus :cool:

It took me a while to feel safe in my bus after the spring plate bolts fell out and the bus careered across a busy road :crazy:

Im sure if you make a few short journeys around where you live, you will soon gain confidence back in your bus :hangloose

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Jameezzzz YOU SIR ARE A PANZY :moon: :moon: :moon:

Lower it and youve got less distance to fall!!! :D

If this is your excuse for slackin off at the weekend you need a ride in my van!!! :incheek: :incheek: :incheek: :D

Aide :D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,484 Posts
Sell it and buy a Bay. :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's obvious what the problem is..

The bus is too far off the ground.

Lower it in a serious way, and if the wheel falls off again you won't have so far to fall :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had something similar happen to me in my bug last year. The wheels had been tampered by some t**t who had decided to try & nick my alloys, I can only presume they got disturbed as when I returned to the car I didn't realise anything was wrong so drove home.

On the way home I heard a knocking going down the hill, turned the radio down 'oh god, that doesn't sound good' but I was almost home so thought i'll get dad to check it out when i get back. Yards down the road, my rear passenger side wheel fell off :eek: I was left feeling shaken up by this. I was in a bit of a state after this cos it was my first car, & this happened just over a month after starting to drive it, so didn't really do much for my confidence.

I can totally relate to how you feel dude, but all it takes is a bit of faith. I got the damage repaired & still use my bug as a daily runner n love it to bits! :hangloose

1 - 20 of 23 Posts