Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i right in thinking that if you buy some thing (car) thats been imported but not registered with dvla , you need the import paper work and what ever vehicle document said country of import from has i.e log book / title / pink slip ?. to register it with dvla ?
Thank you please:)

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
We recently imported a bus that we bought through Kieft en Klok.....I phoned the DVLA and they sent me a whole pack of info out including all of the paperwork that you need to complete :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just registered my bus yesterday with the DVLA. You need to complete the form V55/5 - all the info you need is with the form. Yes, you do need to produce the registration doc from whichever country you got it from plus an MOT certificate. The guy who imported his bus from Oz like myself has a good website that was a real help www.vwkombi.com

Good luck with it all

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
Am i right in thinking that if you buy some thing (car) thats been imported but not registered with dvla , you need the import paper work and what ever vehicle document said country of import from has i.e log book / title / pink slip ?. to register it with dvla ?
Thank you please:)
If it was imported from outside the EU you will need the form which is proof that it has cleared customs and any duty and VAT due has been paid. This is a fairly critical document and really should come with the vehicle. Not having it will cause grief and you can't register it without it.

If it's from within EU then a self declaration form is all you need and that can be downloaded and is trivial.

You do not need any log book / pink slip etc from the original country and many will come without it. Instead you get age verification from VWUK (assuming it is a VW) or from a bone fide club.

If vehicle is less than ten years old and from within EU you need a certificate of conformity. If it's less tha ten years and from outside EU it will need SVA anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.