Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today im gonna paint my garage floor and make it all nice for the winter restos!

i can get 2 beetles in there or a beetle and a split, just fitted new lights and i have some racks to hang all my tools up so this winter im going for the win :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Planning to do the same myself, oh and the walls white so it looks so much bigger!

any special prep needed or just a good sweep?

what type of paint are you using? :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got a resin baced product from floormaster, if you want the petails mp me,

i brushed it all over, sealed the floor using a pva and just paint over it when it had dryed!

looks great, just put 1st coat on and have hardly used any paint its a ace product, and has made the garage so much lighter

will sort pics out later

·
Registered
299 Posts
Cool can you pm me the name of the stuff and where you bought it from :)

is it self leveling?

Pics would be great, what colour have you gone for? i was thinking a deep red

·
Registered
299 Posts
invalidusername said:
But it won't really be any bigger! Don't go trying to get three bugs and two vans in there :crazy: :D
once it's cleaned and painted do you think i'm putting the rust heap in there to mess it up :crazy:

actually i think it will go alone the lines of

clean
paint
push van in neatly, mind the walls! just spent a weekend painting them
leave for 5 years
sell house, better get rid of the van :tick: :crazy:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
lostcornishman said:
once it's cleaned and painted do you think i'm putting the rust heap in there to mess it up :crazy:

actually i think it will go alone the lines of

clean
paint
push van in neatly, mind the walls! just spent a weekend painting them
leave for 5 years
sell house, better get rid of the van :tick: :crazy:
:lol: :lol: Good plan mate. When I did mine, I just gave it a really good clean (dry) and painted over it. Has lasted for a few years.

·
Registered
19,789 Posts
lostcornishman said:
Cool can you pm me the name of the stuff and where you bought it from :)

is it self leveling?

Pics would be great, what colour have you gone for? i was thinking a deep red
Light grey might be better as it's easier to find dropped bits on a lighter floor.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i used light grey, red would make it to dark!

i was after making it light because ive got many hours to spend in there over the winter

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I love the garage thread :crazy:

Never thought i'd be this interested in other peoples garages! :D

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol mayb when i get a pic!

just tidyed my roll-cab as want to start fresh and clean and hope i keep it that way

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I just did this too. My mum was gonna get down on her knees with the paint brush and paint it. I said, hold on, opened the tin of paint, poured it on the floor, whacked it about a bit with a roller and in ten minutes had painted a double garage floor. :D :D

Looks great in light grey too. It drys quite plasticky and seems really tough. Even makes the bug look better!

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Blue_Beetle said:
I love the garage thread :crazy:

Never thought i'd be this interested in other peoples garages! :D
Yes, fascinating. It's like looking in other people's houses - but after my last spell in the nick, I've stopped that now :D :D

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
Got a great big 25 gallon drum ready to do mine with as well. Light grey of course and white for the walls

Going to have to do it in stages as a bit of garage space becomes available. better seal the roof first though

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
non leaking roof is allways good :D

i have a double size garage and had a 20ltr tub, used no more than 4" out of it, and that was put on thick to, floor had a smooth finnish to the concrete to start off with tho

·
Registered
299 Posts
looks like light grey is the best!

but surely that eats up the screws and bolts, as they blend in more than red!

i'm sure one guy on the garage thread had a red one which gave me the idea

will have to look around the garage thread again to see what colour i want to paint it!

didn't spend this much time chosing the colour of my livingroom walls :crazy:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I painted my floor gray and it shows up any dropped bolts etc and also shows the dust so is easy to keep clean. Painted the walls white and put 2 sets of flourescent strip lights down each side so the bus wouldn't create too much shadow and one over the bench. The garage now looks twice as big as it did before and is so much nicer to work in.

Used about 5 litres of floor paint I think but about 20+ litres of white to get a good covering on the brick walls

Intending to board the ceiling in and paint that white to shortly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts