Volkszone Forum banner

In your face heating

571 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  oscar the grouch 
#1 ·
:bandit: Hi there its Oscar, we're lookin to put some kind of extra heating in, thinkin about the winter already. Have a mexican beetle with working heater channels put was looking for something with a little more blow, a little more in your face. I know about heated windscreens and little dash fans, just to note the mexican has zero dashboard space. Dose anyone know of any really good add on heating systems that could do the job??

yours, hoping not to steam up Oscar

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Hi there Fredster, these heat exchangers you mention, will they blow heat out from the vents down the side or do they just give a little flow. The heating in at the mo works fine its just you can't blow hot air at the windscreen or the poor frozen driver.

Many thanks Oscar

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Hello there Laurence, had a look at the Eberspacher, sounds good, do you have one. Are they easy to fit and how much would it all cost. Had a look on the web site and some links and it looks a little price'y.

Thanks very much dude, Oscar

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Hi LuAn, me bug is a 2000 mexican and the heating channels are all clean and work as they should, the only thing is beetles are not known for punching out the heat especially at the shivering individual behind the wheel.

Thanks lots for your thoughts, Oscar

Discussion starter · #9 ·
aah i see Laurence, will have to have a poke around and see what he's got, have seen the german heat exchangers so i'll see if his are any different.

Thanks alot dude, you've been a great help. Oscar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.