Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still trying to work this one out. When I first joined my current insurer for classic cover on my 78 Mk1 Fiesta the guy on the phone told me to join a club for a 'significant' discount. I joined the FCoGB last year and my renewal came this morning, £137. I phone up and ask about this 'discount' and the girl on the phone goes to her supervisor for my discount details. She comes back on the phone and tells me that my new premium with 'discount' is actually MORE than my original renewal price!As the title says, I'm still trying to work this one out. Good old Firebond eh?:confused:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Duble agent V.W.Ford said:
When I first joined my current insurer for classic cover QUOTE]

things change in the insurance market. what applied in previous years doesn't allways follow the next. Either that or the club discount is so small ie less than £15 that it is swallowed up in admin charges to allow the discount.

Shop around for an alternative ;)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,462 Posts
When getting insurance on my VR6 i told them 'yes' when they asked if i was in an owners club (although im not) so they sent me a letter asking for proof! :rolleyes:

Turns out i receieved a 10% discount, and on a £1400 policy thats a lotta ££! :eek: I've had to join my nearest classic car club, i don't intend on ever going though... :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts