Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Need some advice on insurance? I already got my Campervan and Mk1 Ford 2000GT Capri already insured through Adrian Flux on Classic insurance. I got my beetle with 1776cc now running & want to insure it.

I want a policy that I can do monthly; ie not too much outlay upfront & not tied into a whole year, as doubt gonna keep the beetle full 12 months.

I phoned Adrian Flux they couldn't help me; said only could do it on classic policy & if I terminted within 12 months I wouldn't get any monies back. They pushed me onto HIC who quoted £137 for the year, but again under the usual classic policy with no refund.

I already have a valid 7 year no claim certificate that I had on a usual water cooled car last year and thought I could use that on as a normal policy. However with the 1776cc and the age of car normal insurers such as directline and Elephant etc won't touch it.

Any ideas anybody?

Nesty

·
Registered
229 Posts
Have you tried confused.com?

It should check a lot of the mainstream insurers for you, without too much effort on your part.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Just tried confused, but of course as suspected with the mod, nobody wanted to touch it. I altered it with standard engine just to see and cheapest was £135. Total joke

I'll try Hyper-perfromance in the morning, I've heard they ok for modded motors

Nesty

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers

I've been advised tht cos of the age of car and it's modded. I might just have to do the outlay of classic insurance. However, as I have 2 other classics, I understand I could make a change to the policy, if I decide to sell one of them.

Nesty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts