Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been with A. Flux for a year. Never had a claim etc. Renewal due, wanted to pay in instalments. They gave me a quote. The fees for paying monthly equal 30% of the total policy!

I said 'is there any way I can get my premium reduced?' They said 'are you a member of a club?' I said 'yes' - £35 off! They NEVER asked me before.

Just before paying up, I rang Footman & James. Identical policy, but £100 cheaper!

What a scam this insurance game is! :mad:

Shane

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right, so I just went back to Flux with Footman's quote and Flux has agreed to better it by 5 quid!

Those bastards enailed me a quote 30 mins ago that was over £100 more, assuring me it was the best they could do!

Shane

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True Bri. It's this whole business of 'Brokering' i.e. not offering anything except looking up crap on the internet (that I could do myself if I knew where to look).

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Count me in if you need any help. Seems like lots of peeps are getting in on the act at the moment (JK, Volksworld etc). It's just administration work at the end of the day. We could offer 'members only' rates.

Shane

(of course, sniff, I'm still not even a mod)

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Brian Burrows said:
Hmmm?

I wonder how hard it would be to create 'VZi Insurance'?

All these other fekkers are just brokers? Right? ;)

MUST be able to 'do' insurance (online) for less?

;)
Not worth the hassle i'm afraid especially with the FSA guidelines we have to adhere to

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/index.shtml

Working in the industry already i would advise anyone looking to get in on the insurance 'game' to avoid it like the plague

·
Registered
268 Posts
JK and Volksworld insurance are just "relay" schemes run by HIC where HIC pay JK/VWorld a fee for customers they put HIC's way.

So, if you were to set up a Volkszone insurance scheme under the same premise then you could raise money for VZi/Brads/Whatever the same way.

DW
:hangloose

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brian Burrows said:
That little laughin bugger! This is just like when the kids wouldn't let me join the local cub scout pack, cause they said I was too 'mental'.

I'm off to lunch...how hard can it be to start my own VW forum, hmmm

'20 20 24 Hours ago-o-o I wanna be sedated!...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Just had a text from flux (your insurance is at risk of being cancelled ,ive now had this 4 times plus god knows how many letters ) each time i tell a story and get the ok then another problem .

My story so far

CAMPER WAS GETTING NEARLY FINISHED AT BODY WORK RESTO AND WAS HEADING FOR MOT

CALLED FLUX AFTER SEEING ADVERT IN VZI YELLOW PAGES ,SEEMED LIKE A GOOD QUOTAITION ,EXPLAINED THAT RESTO WASNT FINISHED AND WAS LOOKING FOR COVER AGREED VALUE AND LIMITED MILEAGE

GOT COVERED AND BUS WENT TO PAINT SHOP

GOT FORM THROUGH AND ASKED FOR 6 PICTURES CALLED EXPLAINED BUS AT PAINT SHOP --FIRST TEXT YOUR POLICY IS AT RISK AS NO PICTURES

CALLED EXPLAINED AS NO PICS AS BUS WAS IN PAINT SHOP BUT RESTO SO FAR WAS AROUND 7K AGREED VALUE AT THIS TIME I REALISED ID MISSED MY G/FRIEND OFF AND ASKED TO ADD HER ON (NO ONE ASKED FOR MONEY AT THIS TIME )

SENT IN FORM WITH WITH MY G/F ON IT

NEXT TEXT ---YOUR POLICEY IS AT RISK BLADY BLAH HAVE TO PAY ADDITIONAL £35

CALLED TO EXPLAIN BUS STILL IN PAINT SHOP BUT WOULD PAY ANY WAY AND HOW MUTCH EXTRA IF I CHANGE THE WHEELS ,SEATS,ICE

SENT ADDITIONAL DRIVERS FORM (G/F HAD JUST BUMPED MY CAR THAT WEEK SO FILLED THAT IN ON FORM )

NEXT TEXT --- YOU POLICY BLAH BLAH NO PICS ,ENGINEERS REPORT ON MODS
CALLED EXPLAINED VAN WAS IN PAINT SHOP ,AND MODS NOT CARRIED OUT YET JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW IT WILL EFFECT POLICY SO IM COVERED WHEN I DO THEM

FINALLY THOUGHT THAT IT WAS SORTED NEXT TEXT--- BLAH BLAH DETAILS OF COST OF GF ACCIDENT EXPLAINED THAT WE WERE STILL GETTING QUOTES ETC THIS SATURDAY SO DIDNT KNOW COSTS YET AND G/F WOULD NOT BE DRIVING UNTILL NEXT SPRING SO DONT PUT HER ON YET IF THIS IS A PROBLEM £35 ADMIN COST TO NOW TAKE HER OFF --SO EXTENDED ME 7 DAYS TO GET COSTS FROM MY INSURANCE RE G/F ACCIDENT

TURNED ON MOBBY AT LUNCHTIME AS ON COURSE YESTERDAY YOUR POLICY IS AT RISK OF BEING CANCELLED

HAVENT CALLED BACK YET

ALSO MISSED OUT THE ONE ON THE FORM IT ASKS WHAT CLUB YOUR IN TOLD THEM WEST OF SCOTLAND VW CLUB

TEXT YOUR BLAH BLAH NO MEMBERSHIP NUMBER CALLED AND PERSON ON OTHER END DOESNT WANT PROOF JUST TELL ME YOUR NUMBER

3 DAYS LATER YOUR POLICY IS AT RISK OF WHATS YOUR NUMBER CALLED AGAIN EXPLAINED AND THEY HAVE NOW ALTERED MY DETAILS

I WILL NOT BE GOING WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN ALMOST FEEL AS IF THEY WANT TO CANCEL AND KEEP MY MONEY :mad:

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Mr BB if you can offer competitive rates via someone, as well as good value, I am sure there are other people that would also back me up by saying you would probably have a LOT of business...!!!

and it would be good...

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Brian Burrows said:
Hmmm?

I wonder how hard it would be to create 'VZi Insurance'?

All these other fekkers are just brokers? Right? ;)

MUST be able to 'do' insurance (online) for less?

;)
I write insurance software for a living, everything from the underwriters side upwards... some colleges are currently working on an alternative to confused.com....
If you want someone to bounce ideas off feel free to pm/email me.

We dont do classic car insurance yet, apparently its a market that is very competitive with small margins.

Craig G said:
Not worth the hassle i'm afraid especially with the FSA guidelines we have to adhere to
Ummm, the FSA is a GOOD thing and isnt a huge hassle if your doing things properly. It stops a lot of the dodgy things used to be done.. It means that you (the consumer) gets a better deal, better security and more recourse in the event of a problem.

Cheers,
Sam C

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Brian Burrows said:
Just read thru' all the FSA suff . . .

Nothing there that one shouldn't implement anyway :confused:

Why is it 'hassle'? :confused:
Its been a big overhaul (but certainly overdue) switching from GISC to FSA...perhaps us companies have found it tougher than people not in the trade?

I agree a lot is basic stuff,money laundering,data protection etc and you've probably got a whole heap of experience on these 2 issues but the basic stuff skirts round the main picture imo

If you think its an excercise that will break even then i say go for it but the company i work for provide cherished policies and the average policy is approx £130,10% comms on these sort of figures before I.P.T isnt a great deal

I know you're not in it for the money,more of a community thing but the last thing you want is to be pissing money?

The big players are all backed by big boys in the game and all deal with other general insurance so at least they have the opportunity to cross sell etc etc

I believe Footman James are on the market at the moment and the AA have put in a bid,cant wait to hear about the complaints if that happens because the AA customer service is shocking!

sam_cat said:
Ummm, the FSA is a GOOD thing and isnt a huge hassle if your doing things properly. It stops a lot of the dodgy things used to be done.. It means that you (the consumer) gets a better deal, better security and more recourse in the event of a problem.
I never said it was a bad thing

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I don't see what all the trouble is. I have two cars. I get my renewal invitation through. I phone a few people to see if they'll do it cheaper. If they can, I move (I;m only 26 and don't pay too much.)

It takes half an hour on a bad day. :confused:

*Bri, if you're serious. Think about all the claims calls!!!* :eek:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Footman James are up for sale ;)....

If you've got £50,000,000 to spare :eek:

The motor insurance market in this country is fecked up - too much red tape , compliance , too many providers trying to be cheaper than the next , all after market share, employing poorly trained and inexperienced staff in call centres who don't give a toss. Commission is too low and margins too small. Glad i'm out of it. I now insure pubs :D

Bri,

your best bet is to speak to Flux , Lancaster , HIC :D , RH , Roadsure , Cherished Car Underwriting etc and get VZi set up as a "passive introducer" ie you don't get involved with the insurance side of it but get paid a commission purely for the introduction (like Volksworld & JK do with HIC).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts