Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
65_1200 said:
maybe, but the real deal makes that car that extra bit special, sourcing rare or nos parts, instead of buying most bits off of the shelf.
Or trying your best to blag stuff for free ?

Youre still a dick, by the way :tick:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
65_1200 said:
4 spoke brm's are just as bad.

speedwell never made 4 spoke brm's for aircooled vw's.
i think they did 10" 4 spokes for mini's though?
And I certainly don't agree with that. I don't like them on most bugs, but I love them on Type 4s, especially the 'got wood' US car.

I was actually glad to see someone bothering to make an all new wheel.

:)

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
Narrow Minded said:
I would have done.... ;)

I do agree with Tom that MWS fuchs are the worst repro wheel EVER though. Didn't think much to the burner copies either.
me too but i wouldnt have posted the thread unless i was out today in my car with a set of them on it anbd one of them fell off or a man with real ones came over and said mine where shit

:D

·
Registered
45,777 Posts
fingy said:
the hoover line is just like this post ... already done by other funnier people and put better ,,

tom 65 1200 is doing like a kind of b206 nostalgic thread revival :lol: you never know next summer he may start posting that jumping van thread and kissing girls ;)
b206 :lol:

·
Banned
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
westy77 said:
that would be me :D till i bought my bug i didnt know what a fuchs wheeel was, and after seeing mine and the mws ones they are obviously nowhere near the same, but as a spare i bought a flat4 copy which is a very good copy, but a lot heavier and not that much more than mws ones :)
and you wanted to swap them for chrome american eagle 5's ;) :crazy:

will you swap my cookie cutters for your early fuch's ;) they bolt straight on don't ya know ;) :D

stunning wheels for a stunning car, if your car had mws fuch's people would not look at it in the same way as they do now, imo.

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
65_1200 said:
stunning wheels for a stunning car, if your car had mws fuch's people would not look at it in the same way as they do now, imo.
Needs a set of snide BRMs in my opinion or some TSW hockenheims

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
65_1200 said:
maybe, but the real deal makes that car that extra bit special, sourcing rare or nos parts, instead of buying most bits off of the shelf.
Bullshit.

It can help, but there isn't much difference between buying off shelf parts to opening a cheque book to buy rarer parts! I'd rather have off the shelf parts than knackered/worn/nasty 'rare' parts if that was all I could afford ;)

What makes a car special is attention to detail, patience, innovation and vision IMO - this doesn't neccessarily cost ££££s but it does help if you have plenty of cash! :D

·
Registered
45,777 Posts
65_1200 said:
if my bug had come with all copies i wouldnt have given a shit, its nice that it came with real ones, but i wouldnt have gone and got some if it hadnt, its just a car i like to drive :)

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
type3 said:
I dunno, I'd settle for the Flat 4 ones any day.

cheers,
type3
I'd settle for something 1000 other people don't already have.

Originality, in the VW scene.....

That won't catch on :incheek:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
fingy said:
me too but i wouldnt have posted the thread unless i was out today in my car with a set of them on it anbd one of them fell off or a man with real ones came over and said mine where shit

:D
I can say that though, as I have a set of original earlies waiting in the loft ;)

41 - 60 of 277 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.